Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front washer stopped working on our '17 Forester, the rear works fine. Anyone know where a fuse is for this? There isn't one identified in the users manual.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
While its no consolation, I too can't find any mention of the front washer fuse. Rear, yep but its not the rear that's stopped working!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,737 Posts
I'm guessing you're talking about the pump that pushes the fluid through the sprayers and all?

Most current cars will have a single fuse covering multiple circuits... So is there any other item that is not working?

When you pull the stalk (or is it twist to a certain spot...?)... anyway - when you try to use the washer function, do you hear the pump motor running... that "whirr" sound...? If so, it's not the pump or the related fuse or circuit. Check that the lines to the sprayers and that the sprayers are not blocked... Of course, it goes without saying (but I am) to be sure that the reservoir is not empty...

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
970 Posts
I know that the older Subarus had the rear washer pump mounted in the tank a bit above the front washer pump. So, when the rear one would stop working, you knew you were getting low, but could continue to use the front one a bit longer. I thought that was pretty smart, but am not sure if that's still the case. (So, if the rear one is still working, either the front pump motor is on a different fuse, or the front pump stopped working, period)

If I'm not mistaken, the plugs are the same, so you could, as a test, swap the plugs and see if the pump still works okay.

Edit: Ah, poop. I just realized we're replying to a post from 9 months ago. And the OP posted only this post... Not likely going to help the OP... Oh well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts