Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i Prem 6 Speed Manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy yall,
I am aware of some people doing custom emblems on their own with stripping the old background and repainting. I am also aware of the few vinyl overlays available. I was looking into getting some OEM badges and customizing them myself BUT then I found KB Customs. After searching around for OEM badges I found they range from 35 to 65 bucks a piece so a pair could run me 70 to 130 bucks. The overlays do not impress me and I worry about durability. After weighing my options I am leaning towards having KB Customs customize my OEM badges. Does anyone have any experience with them or know any other good options? I am still open to ideas because I want my badges to come out great. Here are some badges that KB has done.

Thanks yall

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,309 Posts
The biggest issue with Vinyl overlay durability is due to incorrect installation. There are many variables that affect it like cleanliness of the install area, temperature, etc. The other issue is poor quality vinyl. If the overlay is used with cheap vinyl, it will easily fade, de-laminate, etc.

If installed correctly and made of good quality vinyl, vinyl overlays can look great for many years.

·
Registered
2017 Forester (un)Limited
172 Posts
I'm about to place an order through orsinivinylanddesigns. Forgot what her site is but if you go there on Instagram you can find it. I'm doing both front and rear along with the steering wheel too.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,936 Posts
What's wrong with the stock ones? Can't you buy red ones through japan?

·
SeasonedStalker
2017 XT Touring in CBS HT CVT
313 Posts
I have had front back and steering wheel over lays installed for 6 months that still look perfect. Does any one know of custom options for the wheel Caps to match?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts