Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I found issues on here about the drivers main switches not powering the other windows, and the reset procedure for that, but nothing for my exact issue.

My drivers side window works fine, but none of the other windows will roll down, when trying from the drivers main switches or the individual switches on each door. Also, only the accent lighting on the drivers side switch and the drivers lock/unlock switch is lit up. The lighting for all other window switches in the car is off (see attached image) The battery has not died, this just randomly occured today.

Not sure what it could be, hoping a simple relearn procedure but haven't found anything. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,843 Posts
Look for the window lock-out switch. Should be right with the rest of the controls.... Down locks out the other window [and light up switch] up turns it all back on.

This is my 2014 2.5 Limited controls.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,843 Posts
Glad to help - I use that switch all the time somwhen my pup is in the back seat, he can't open the window by his paw on the switch when he stands to look out the windows...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
109 Posts
In my experience, in other cars, the lockout switch will only lock the passenger switches, while the driver can still control the other windows. Weird that it's not like that in the Forester.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a Subaru. It has to be weird. The buttons on the driver side are also lit all the time, day or night, lights on or off. None of the other window switches for the passengers light up at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts