Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

781 - 799 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Couldn't order Venetian Red with the brown leather which was tragic, IMO. That would have been a great combo.
Tragic, indeed. We've decided on the 17 2.5i Touring, and we're trying to pick the color combination. I would LOVE to be able to get the red exterior with saddle brown interior. IMO this is a naturally perfect combination. Sniff...

We'll probably go with the white exterior and brown interior. I prefer the red, but white is nice too and I really love the saddle brown leather.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Tragic, indeed. We've decided on the 17 2.5i Touring, and we're trying to pick the color combination. I would LOVE to be able to get the red exterior with saddle brown interior. IMO this is a naturally perfect combination. Sniff...

We'll probably go with the white exterior and brown interior. I prefer the red, but white is nice too and I really love the saddle brown leather.
Almost as perfect as the Outback Wintergreen and Saddle Brown :mad: I would love for a Forester.

Ah well, you'll enjoy the headlights also. Amazing at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts

We went with the Crystal White with Saddle Brown. My g/f also wanted a red with saddle brown combo. What we settled on is a very nice combo and doesn't heat up as much in the sun compared to a darker combo. But all color is personal choice. Get what makes you smile. Here is a global survey of most popular automotive colors and trends going forward:

AUTOMOTIVE COLOR TRENDS - PPG - Paints, Coatings and Materials

·
Registered
20 Posts
We went with the Crystal White with Saddle Brown. My g/f also wanted a red with saddle brown combo. What we settled on is a very nice combo and doesn't heat up as much in the sun compared to a darker combo. But all color is personal choice. Get what makes you smile. Here is a global survey of most popular automotive colors and trends going forward:

AUTOMOTIVE COLOR TRENDS - PPG - Paints, Coatings and Materials
what do you think about the dark gray interior with the saddle brown leather? I've ordered basically sight unseen (white with saddle brown XT) and I didn't realize that a lot of the interior has the same gray as some other trims. I guess I thought it would be the lighter gray like in my charcoal 2015 limited. Unfortunately there haven't been enough around here in so cal to even get a chance to see them in person, but I definitely want the white exterior. I test drove a charcoal gray (I think? maybe it was black) and it had the saddle brown leather and I really didn't like that combo. I'm kind of worried I won't like it :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Got one, and LOVE the color combo, get great comments on it all the time!
The availability of colors for 2017 and the the Saddle Brown interior was widely discussed on this forum last year. I have this color combination, too. Everyone who sees it loves it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
what do you think about the dark gray interior with the saddle brown leather? I've ordered basically sight unseen (white with saddle brown XT) and I didn't realize that a lot of the interior has the same gray as some other trims. I guess I thought it would be the lighter gray like in my charcoal 2015 limited. Unfortunately there haven't been enough around here in so cal to even get a chance to see them in person, but I definitely want the white exterior. I test drove a charcoal gray (I think? maybe it was black) and it had the saddle brown leather and I really didn't like that combo. I'm kind of worried I won't like it :(
All color is a matter of personal choice and perception. I think with the white exterior it harmonizes well. The g/f and I like it and that's all that matters (actually, her opinion matters more!) Pictures do not due justice to this combo with the interior trim.

So far, everyone who has gotten in the interior have also been very impressed. We have a wide range of friends who drive cars ranging from beaters to near six figure luxury, SUVs and sports cars in all sorts of color and trim combos. The surprising part is that they, without exception, all love the color combo and the Forester XT. They really love it when I let them drive it in S#. Believe me, these characters would be very outspoken, as they have been in the past. Even if they didn't like it I would thank them for their opinion and suggest they pound coastal based crystalline silica (sand) :grin2:

The good news is even if you tire of the combo you have a relatively high resale value and can switch when the 2019 or 2020 Model refresh comes out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All color is a matter of personal choice and perception. I think with the white exterior it harmonizes well. The g/f and I like it and that's all that matters (actually, her opinion matters more!) Pictures do not due justice to this combo with the interior trim.

So far, everyone who has gotten in the interior have also been very impressed. We have a wide range of friends who drive cars ranging from beaters to near six figure luxury, SUVs and sports cars in all sorts of color and trim combos. The surprising part is that they, without exception, all love the color combo and the Forester XT. They really love it when I let them drive it in S#. Believe me, these characters would be very outspoken, as they have been in the past. Even if they didn't like it I would thank them for their opinion and suggest they pound coastal based crystalline silica (sand) :grin2:

The good news is even if you tire of the combo you have a relatively high resale value and can switch when the 2019 or 2020 Model refresh comes out.
Thanks for this - and thanks all that chimed in. I really hope I like it too :smile2:. it's just so hard to tell by looking at pictures (and there aren't many of those around either!). When I have seen them online, they look completely from one pic to the next, probably just different lighting/angles. I suppose I could find a dealership that has one on it's lot (few and far between) and go take a look but I just don't think it's worth having to deal with any salespeople.

you mention changing out in 2019 or 2020....does this mean that 2018 has the same color combo? couldn't find anything about that online either. Too soon? Thanks again....

·
Registered
20 Posts
YW! 2018 Prices, trim just rolled out. Some minor changes. Here are two links (Note Cars101 Link uses 2017 data as a placeholder in many areas but the color chart is for 2018):

2018 Subaru Forester research webpage

Subaru U.S. Media Center
So I went to the cars101 link you provided and found out that the 2018 XT Touring models now come standard with nav and eyesight ($200 more). I don't necessarily need the nav, but it would help the resale value, right? I went ahead and called the dealership where I have my 2017 on order to inquire. He's supposed to get back to me with pricing. Not sure if it will make sense for me financially, but I have to at least check it out. This info has been very helpful!

·
Registered
633 Posts
The Eyesight and associated features such as adaptive cruise control are worth it. The NAV is relatively useless if you are used to a smartphone app like Waze. Trust me, use the adaptive cruise control a couple of times on a long trip and you will be glad you got Eyesight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Eyesight and associated features such as adaptive cruise control are worth it. The NAV is relatively useless if you are used to a smartphone app like Waze. Trust me, use the adaptive cruise control a couple of times on a long trip and you will be glad you got Eyesight.
That's good to know about the Eyesight. We love taking road trips and use the regular cruise control often, so I can see how that would come in handy. I re-opened negotiations to see what kind of a price they would give me on a 2018 (I haven't nixed the 2017 yet, it comes in 6/12 though so I need to get busy and decide :)). Dealer said that a 2018 MSRP is $37,005. I was able to get a price of 33,700 (from $35,512 MSRP) for the 2017 w/o Eyesight/Nav. What do you think would be a reasonable amount to offer for the 2018? I didn't really want to pay over 34k but these So Cal dealerships don't like to budge, especially when it comes to the XT which are in limited supply

:frown2:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm in the market to buy another Forester for my family.
It'll be a 2017 2.5i Forester Touring with Eyesight. Does it automatically come with the cross traffic alert?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I strongly second this opinion. Just completed a 2500 mi. road trip on a brand new XT turbo and fell in love with adaptive cruise control. It makes these trips so pleasant when a truck pulls into the passing lane as you are about to overtake it, slows down, then speeds up as the truck returns to the right lane. Closest thing to a self driving car I want to get.

781 - 799 of 799 Posts
About this Discussion
798 Replies
161 Participants
syzygy303
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing