Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I dont understand why we in Oz still have the old Gen2 eyesight in our update? The SUV market is so hotly contested at the moment that one would think Subaru Australia would insist on the latest technology. We must be the dumping ground for old stock.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ver 3 and RCA etc shows up in next years model.

Probably didn't come this year because of the extra costs on top of the other free upgrades since the price stayed the same?

·
Premium Member
12,859 Posts
a salesman told me I could use regular fuel on an XT - that is wrong isn't it ?
Not wrong, but it is not recommended either.

Using regular on the XT will make the knock sensor retard timing, cutting power and reducing fuel economy.

It won't damage your motor or void your warranty though, plus it makes a good "feature" for salesmen to advertise. :|

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Likely get an 2017 XT Premium this year, I was waiting for Eyesight 3.
If the heated steering wheel is not an option for the Premium, maybe I can add the heater part, the wiring harness should be the same on every model.
The rear automatic braking would be nice, but with a backup camera it is not critical.
The power tailgate and push button start are the reasons I will not get a Touring.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
WTB:
XT with 6MT.
or even a wrx hatchback :(

I will say the backup cam in the 2015 is a joke the screen is so small and far away.
Its like looking at a crappy cellphone at over an arms lengh away.
so that was a good upgrade in 2016.

2017 seems to me pretty major.
Nothing "must have"

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Likely get an 2017 XT Premium this year, I was waiting for Eyesight 3.
If the heated steering wheel is not an option for the Premium, maybe I can add the heater part, the wiring harness should be the same on every model.
The rear automatic braking would be nice, but with a backup camera it is not critical.
The power tailgate and push button start are the reasons I will not get a Touring.

@bashfulbernie

Historically, Eyesight has NOT been an option with the XT Premium. I wonder if it will be for 2017? I could have missed it, but the 2017 announcement doesn't seem to clarify this.

·
Registered
799 Posts
With all those updates and if the time of arrival is in early July, I think I will tough it out and get a 2017 2.5i Limited model because some of those new features would help with my joint issues. One thing I don't understand is why they are not using the 2.5 from the Outback. Producing two different 2.5 engines raises cost. I hope they at least have paddle shifter on the 2.5 models like the rest of the world gets. I hope my Ford can make the wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Meh...I'm glad I went with the '16 XT. 26 city for the non-XT, though...pretty impressive.

Subaru has a page at Subaru.com / 2017-forester .html

I'm not a fan of the new XT wheels either.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The only thing I want is the torque vectoring, and maybe the blindspot radar. Probably not worth losing the year-end cash bonus for 16 and increase in MSRP though.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I guess I could live without CarPlay since I don't use Apple Maps, only occasionally listen to iHeart, and listen to a lot of Sirius. I said before that I only expected this on new models instead of refreshes.

I don't see mention of LED headlights but I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing. Disappointed with lack of heated rear seats.

Not sure what I'm going to do.
They don't mention LEDs but the fact that they're steering-responsive makes me think it was just an oversight on the announcement.

I'm with you on the CarPlay as I've read more about it. I use Waze and Sirius more than anything else in the car so not having it isn't a huge deal for me. That and the interface on the Starlink doesn't get the dreadful reviews that some factory systems do.

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Comparing to our (Aus) 2016 model, sadly we have missed Eyesight 3.0 and other added safety features, one possible reason I guess is that Subaru Australia wants to keep the cost at the same as 2015 model. We also have missed the heated steeling wheel, I guess we are not that cold here, so it is not essential.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Comparing to our (Aus) 2016 model, sadly we have missed Eyesight 3.0 and other added safety features, one possible reason I guess is that Subaru Australia wants to keep the cost at the same as 2015 model. We also have missed the heated steeling wheel, I guess we are not that cold here, so it is not essential.
They must have a stock pile of Gen2 left that they thought could be dumped down south. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an upgrade around September when the new VW Tiguan comes out. Nothing like a bit of competition to wake Subaru Australia up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canadian version may have Heated Rear Seat and Power Memory Drivers Seat - didn't see those covered in SOA announcement?

·
Registered
241 Posts
@J_STi63 will likely be able to provide us with more information about the ordering dates.
Right now we have as much info as everyone else....of course this press release was dropped on my day off so I couldn't beat the rest of you to the punch in getting this posted lol.

Since we will still be taking delivery of '16 foresters till June, my guess would be that they may open orders around the same time as last year (may) to have them showing up on lots by the end of july/beginning of august. I'll be sure to let you know once I have more.

Right now I'm primarily interested in knowing the new layout for trim levels (ie what's standard and optional) as well as the package options available for each.

·
Registered
537 Posts
One thing I don't understand is why they are not using the 2.5 from the Outback. Producing two different 2.5 engines raises cost.
As far as I know, these are the same engine. What about them do you think are different?

I hope they at least have paddle shifter on the 2.5 models like the rest of the world gets. I hope my Ford can make the wait.
If they were adding paddle shifters for the U.S., I'm certain they would have been mentioned in the press release. I wouldn't get your hopes up in any way.

41 - 60 of 799 Posts
About this Discussion
798 Replies
161 Participants
syzygy303
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing