Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i
126 Posts
Yes, these are true for Canada as well
My order for graphite gray 2017 xt limited was submitted to Subaru Canada 2 days ago
Do you mind if I ask what you are paying including all fees and taxes? Did you get any extras? Why did you opt for 250 hp over 170 other than the obvious more power? It has worse fuel economy and is recommended to use premium gas, so that another hit.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
198 Posts
Do you mind if I ask what you are paying including all fees and taxes? Did you get any extras? Why did you opt for 250 hp over 170 other than the obvious more power? It has worse fuel economy and is recommended to use premium gas, so that another hit.
Since prices aren't out yet, we went by 2016 prices. Only agreement was that my quote is protected from price increase. Since it was a pre-order, I had to go with MSRP
Only extras i ordered were:
remote start - it's nice to be able to start the car while still walking towards it to get it to start a/c
mud guards - i want them on right away because there;s always junk on the roads here and the installation seemed finicky.
side window visors - i almost always drive with windows slightly opened regardless of weather conditions and these should (in theory) protect from rain and snow coming in. I considered installing them myself, but installation seemed also finicky.

I got XT instead of 2.5NA because I'm sick of underpowered cars. Also XT gets a better transmission, chassis, etc. If i was considering 2.5NA, i would have probably went with CX-5.
To me, XT is a unique car because, if you ignore the interior, it punches way above its weight class. I spent a day torturing a 2014 XT and it was everything I would have wanted from a car. The power, the handling of a premium / luxury suv
As the Iron Maiden song goes, "I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take its course"

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot
43 Posts
The only thing not mentioned is a smoother ride and change to the suspension. All the other things I was hoping for are on the 2017. I just have to make the difficult decision of whether or not the turbo is worth it for me..... if it used regular gas it would be a no brainer. I wonder if they are keeping the Sapphire Blue the same ?

·
Registered
2016 2.5S auto
246 Posts
I dont understand why we in Oz still have the old Gen2 eyesight in our update? The SUV market is so hotly contested at the moment that one would think Subaru Australia would insist on the latest technology. We must be the dumping ground for old stock.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
198 Posts
I dont understand why we in Oz still have the old Gen2 eyesight in our update? The SUV market is so hotly contested at the moment that one would think Subaru Australia would insist on the latest technology. We must be the dumping ground for old stock.
Subaru is strange in the way it dolls out features to different markets.
OZ Forester XT gets headlight washers and external CVT cooler which raises the tow rating from 1500 lbs to 4000. I think OZ Foresters get rain-sensitive wipers as well.
OZ market is going to get Levorg, which wont be available for North America.
Canadian WRX does not get EyeSight at all

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Touring CVT
42 Posts
Any guess on when we can order or the 1st units will arrive?

I have a pending order for 2016 2.5i Touring w/ ETA of May wk4, with alm the upgrades on 2017 I'm now having 2nd thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i
126 Posts
Since prices aren't out yet, we went by 2016 prices. Only agreement was that my quote is protected from price increase. Since it was a pre-order, I had to go with MSRP
Only extras i ordered were:
remote start - it's nice to be able to start the car while still walking towards it to get it to start a/c
mud guards - i want them on right away because there;s always junk on the roads here and the installation seemed finicky.
side window visors - i almost always drive with windows slightly opened regardless of weather conditions and these should (in theory) protect from rain and snow coming in. I considered installing them myself, but installation seemed also finicky.

I got XT instead of 2.5NA because I'm sick of underpowered cars. Also XT gets a better transmission, chassis, etc. If i was considering 2.5NA, i would have probably went with CX-5.
To me, XT is a unique car because, if you ignore the interior, it punches way above its weight class. I spent a day torturing a 2014 XT and it was everything I would have wanted from a car. The power, the handling of a premium / luxury suv
As the Iron Maiden song goes, "I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take its course"
That's interesting. I was also considering CX-5. Why would you choose CX-5 if there was no turbo Forester?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
738 Posts
Only missing the CarPlay and to a lesser degree for me, rear heated seats.

An XT Touring it shall be.

I'm going to wait until August/September so I'll get to see what blue they offer and what that saddle brown option looks like.

Officially excited for my next (5th) Subie!

Bill

·
Registered
2004 FXT
1,651 Posts
I guess I could live without CarPlay since I don't use Apple Maps, only occasionally listen to iHeart, and listen to a lot of Sirius. I said before that I only expected this on new models instead of refreshes.

I don't see mention of LED headlights but I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing. Disappointed with lack of heated rear seats.

Not sure what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
198 Posts
That's interesting. I was also considering CX-5. Why would you choose CX-5 if there was no turbo Forester?
I mean if I was looking for <200hp SUVs, CX-5 would be it.
If you would like to further discuss the car shopping research i've done, PM me. This thread is for discussion of the awesome new 2017 Forester that I am sooooo excited for!

21 - 40 of 799 Posts