Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

· Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service Campaign – Forester CVT Low Fluid Level

Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) has determined that certain 2017 model year Forester normally aspirated vehicles equipped with CVT transmissions will require additional CVT fluid. The CVT fluid in affected vehicles was not filled to the properly specified level at the factory. The condition could cause a noticeable air vacuum noise or possibly even chain slip under high levels of shock load depending upon driving conditions (i.e. rapid acceleration or hill climbing).

· Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,488 Posts
WTJ-70 Service Campaign – MY 17 Forester CVT Low Fluid Level

Whew just called my dealer service dept.
My June build 17' Touring 2.5 with a factory "H" designation is NOT under that recall.
Last 4 on the vin is "6246"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
7 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replays. Took delivery on 8/30 so when switching cars on MySubaru I noticed the recall notice and figured it was taken care of in the delivery check and just missed deleting, A bit scary when you don't want to do any damage to a car hot off the line. Still waiting for a callback from dealer.

· Registered
2017 2.5i base CVT
23 Posts
cvt smoother with fluid topped off

I called my service dept too. My 2.5 base 2017 Forester not effected too:woohoo:. June built VIN # ______HH422378. Dealer looked up the VIN.
I went to the dealer to replace my O2 sensor as part of the check engine light (P013F). The dealer double checked the CVT fluid level as part of WTJ-70 service campaign. They topped off the CVT fluid. I guess my car was impacted by the TSB (The TSB was updated a couple of times since I called dealer). The tranny is noticeable smoother when I lightly accel from a stop. It used to lug with light throttle from a stop.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
I went to the dealer to replace my O2 sensor as part of the check engine light (P013F). The dealer double checked the CVT fluid level as part of WTJ-70 service campaign. They topped off the CVT fluid. I guess my car was impacted by the TSB (The TSB was updated a couple of times since I called dealer). The tranny is noticeable smoother when I lightly accel from a stop. It used to lug with light throttle from a stop.

What was your build date and factory code if you know ?

· Registered
2016 XT
286 Posts
don't assume it was done at PDI process...
Yep even though its supposed to be checked on PDI at the port iicrc, seems like there's people not doing the job they are payed to do and they work for Subaru.. :|

Just checked the fill plug on mine for any signs and it looks like its never been touched.

· Registered
2017 Forester
4 Posts
Entered my VIN to the Subaru recalls website, and there it is, Service Campaign WTJ70 2017 Forester CVTF Top Off. Brought the Forester to the dealership this morning, hopefully they'll have it done by the end of the day. It's a 2017 Forester base model, last 5 VIN numbers are HH410876.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
I checked before, called dealer, "no your vin is not under the recall".
Great
Then I decided to look online today just to double check. And there it was. So I called dealer, "bring it right in and we will give you a loaner, Subaru is advising against driving the car".

This after I been driving it for a month already.
And no pushed notice to me either. I I hadn't looked I would have kept on driving it.

· Registered
2017 Forester
4 Posts
Just got the forester back from the dealership, they top off the CVT fluid and did a 23 points inspection. First thing I noticed, as previously mentioned by another member, the transmission is noticeably smoother with light acceleration from a stop, the hesitation is almost gone. The hard downshifting when making a sudden stop is almost unnoticeable now. In general, the transmission becomes smoother in all conditions as compare to before the fluid top off.

Hopefully it stays that way.

· Registered
2017 2.5i Touring Sepia Bronze
279 Posts
great... I just checked mysubaru and the recall notice finally popped up on there after being aware of this op. I had one of the first 2017s which I purchased in July and now already have 6,000 miles on it.

I checked before, called dealer, "no your vin is not under the recall".
Great
Then I decided to look online today just to double check. And there it was. So I called dealer, "bring it right in and we will give you a loaner, Subaru is advising against driving the car".

This after I been driving it for a month already.
And no pushed notice to me either. I I hadn't looked I would have kept on driving it.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
great... I just checked mysubaru and the recall notice finally popped up on there after being aware of this op. I had one of the first 2017s which I purchased in July and now already have 6,000 miles on it.

And the service dept. says "bring it right in Subaru advises against driving it"

This is some kind of a joke right ?

1 - 20 of 133 Posts