Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester CVT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have put 26000 miles on the Forester and have only had it in for a new "head unit" and while at the dealer I had them check the battery/charging system and a new Subaru battery was installed. I have been told that when parked, the Forester should not have any accessories left plugged in, remove the keys from the ignition even in the garage, and to lock the doors with the Fob before setting the keyfob in the house away from the vehicle...

Last week the car set for a week and this morning the battery voltage was down to 12.5 V or 66% charge level.

I am afraid to leave it parked at the airport as it may not start when we get back. Am I going to have to keep the car plugged in to a 1.5 amp maintainer just so it will start?:frown2:

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
1,147 Posts
12.5 volts is about 80% charged. If you are worried about restarting the engine you might simply disconnect the battery before you leave. Check the parasitic drain with an amperage meter.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
202 Posts
There was a TSB about a dealer software update for 2017 that keeps the computer from shutting off the alternator during short trips to save gas, as too many dudes were getting stuck. This would only be pertinent if you took short trips before putting the car to storage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts