Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT CVT (High Torque)
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the Subaru JDM Sport Horns in my '17 XT that I got off of eBay. I wanted something louder than stock that still sounded stock (basically a useful horn like they used to put on all cars). They lack the visual pizzazz of the Hella horns, but they are plug-and-play with the existing wiring and much louder than stock. I accidentally set off my alarm right after installing, and nearly jumped out of my skin.

The first horn is in the center, in front of the radiator. I puzzled over whether it was possible to replace this horn without removing the bumper, but you really need to remove the bumper to access the second horn. It's easy, the instructions can be found on this forum, or in the Subaru installation instructions for the Gunmetal Sport Grille.

Sport Horn Center.jpg

The second horn is under the right side headlight, tucked away behind the bumper support. It's hard to find if you don't know where you are looking.

Sport Horn Side.jpg

For both of these horns, you just have to unplug the wire from the old horn and plug it into the new one. The horns are grounded through the installation bracket and bolt. For this reason, you want to make sure you get the correct part number H3717SG000. I have seen sellers trying to sell H3717VA000/010, but that one doesn't look like it would fit.

Sport Horn Brackets.jpg

I got mine from the seller "partstownjdm" on eBay for $115 with shipping. The one you want has a bracket for each horn, one is curved with a hole and a bent tab (center), and the other is long and straight with a hole (side). The kit that doesn't fit only has a T-shaped bracket attached to one horn, and a very short bracket attached to the other.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
19 Posts
I've been eyeing these same horns from the same seller for a while and have been stuck between these and Hella . Anyway you can post a video so I can hear how it sounds compared to my stock horn ? Thanks for the thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts