Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

so i have installed kenwood dnx904s in a 17 forester xt harmon with nav. since installing i can no longer adjust the brightness of the tach and mfd. i cant seem to fine the illumination wire from the oem plug to connect it to the kenwood head unit. any help would be great...

·
Registered
2016 Forester
902 Posts
Tach and MFD brightness isn't linked to head unit as far as I know, it's adjusted by the dial next to your left knee.

Unless something changed in 17.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah for some reason, when i adjust it. the only thing that changes are the buttons light (A/C, Steering control dim). tac and MFD is 100% bright...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,600 Posts
@bonesti note that @Thien Luu last signed onto the forum 11 months ago. You could send him a PM - Private Message... now called a conversation on this new site. He will receive an e-mail notification, so you could receive a reply.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2018 Forester MT
14 Posts
When I installed an aftermarket radio into my 2018, I found that some adapter harnesses such as the iDatalink SU2 may have either power antenna or amp turn-on wired to the negative illumination and/or brightness line, which will force it to 12V and prevent the dimming circuit from working normally. If there is any wire going to pin 5 on the 6-pin power/speaker connector from your aftermarket harness, cut it and that should solve most issues.

Additionally, when the dimmer switch is moved to ‘bright’ the aftermarket radio will continue to dim as the brightness pin doesn’t connect to anything on aftermarket radios (on the iDatalink SU2 harness, this pin leads to the unconnected green 2-pin plug). However, by adding a relay in line as shown, this will enable the aftermarket radio to un-dim with the tail/headlights on when that position is selected on the dimmer, as the bright wire is brought up to 12V and causes the relay to disconnect the radio illumination input

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
@privatepublic99 I actually got it fixed, I do have an aftermarket stereo with the Maestro harness and module. I recently did a 4 channel amp and I’m guessing I saw that exact green connection loose so I connected it then. Disconnecting it fixed everything with the dimming instantly, big oops on my end but I remembered to tape it off this time.Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts