Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Question as above. From my research it looks like models with a sunroof can’t use the OEM cargo barrier. Can anyone confirm?
New to the forum so apologies if I’m duplicating a question - I searched but couldn’t find a definitive answer.
If this is the case, any recommendations for aftermarket cargo barriers welcome. Primarily to protect cabin in the event of a crash.
Cheers

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,400 Posts
Welcome, @Sadeindustries !

Hmmm...I haven't heard that before, but since I don't have a cargo barrier, I don't have an answer to that question.

But I posted to give you a little information.

1. First, here's a fantastic site with loads of information on all Subarus. Links for older models are on the left.

Cars101.com, Research Subaru specifications and changes year by year.

EDIT: Forgot to note that the above site is for US Foresters, but still should be helful... END EDIT.

2. Second, take a look at the following thread. It's about dog barriers, but I (and others) have a link to the Travall barrier that looks really interesting. No experience with it, but this is the product I would buy if I were to put something in my wife's 2015 Forester - for protection from cargo.

(All Years) - dog-proofing the subie (merged thread)

Mike

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,724 Posts
The following leads me to believe you can because it indicates that the cargo barrier fits all trim lines, some of which have sunroofs as standard equipment:
(click on "Show More")
However, the 2014-2018 generation Foresters cannot have both a cargo barrier and an installed cargo cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts