Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been swapping/upgrading my interior and exterior lights and have done pretty much everything from the front turn signals to the reverse lights to the license plate. The last ones I'm trying to access are my C-lights and low beams in my 17 Limited. The only thing is, when I looked for the bulbs, they don't seem to be accessible since there's just plastic where the bulbs normally are (on other models) and I'm only able to disconnect the wiring for things like the C-light without actual access the bulb. I'm now thinking the only way to access any bulbs in the headlight unit is to go through the whole process of taking the bumper off and taking the entire unit off from the front. Is this the case, or is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
I do not think that the LED C-shape light is a replaceable bulb. I think it is an LED strip or similar - like the CHMSL in the back - no bulbs, you would have to replace the entire unit if it fails.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium ES CVT
133 Posts
On my 2017 Premium w/ES, the C light bulb is extremely easy to replace. I did it myself in the AutoZone parking lot. Just another twist and pull with a cheap incandescent wedge bulb in it. It's like a 2825/168/194. Interesting enough, the ones Subaru installed at the factory were painted blue, to give it a little whiter color. I bought a pair of Sylvania Zevo bulbs to replace them. Nice white light and it looks like the car came with them. If it doesn't light up, rotate the bulb 180 and it will.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
I think the light is different between the Premium and the Limited - as the c-shape light in the upper trim models were LED. This is true of the steering responsive headlights on the Touring and optional on the Limited with eyesight. So the question becomes if our original poster has a Limited with eyesight and steering responsive headlamps.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah yes that was my suspicion. I do have Eyesight and SRH so I figured out yesterday its probably something like the tail lights which are just LEDs and no bulb. (Finally got a security torx bit and got to see it)

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts