Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any other owner of a 2017 Subaru Forester had trouble with the air conditioning quitting?

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i
23 Posts
Yes, my wife's 2017 with only 26,000 miles or so quit a couple of weeks ago. She texted me after she got to work on a very hot Friday. I called our Subaru dealer they got us in the next day and we got a replaced condenser under warranty. They keep them in stock during the summer they told me. While it stinks it went bad on a relatively young car with low miles, still pretty sweet to get it replaced the next day.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
492 Posts
Has any other owner of a 2017 Subaru Forester had trouble with the air conditioning quitting?
This topic has been discussed at length and threre are no less that a half dozen threads on the topic.

There is a search function on this board. It is best to use it before posting a question.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
29 Posts
Yes, I had the condenser replaced last year under warranty. There was a shortage of condensers at the time. A real pain. Very low mileage on car. Have 2017 Forester Touring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2017 SF XT Touring two weeks ago with 18K miles and one week into ownership the AC condenser goes out. Luckily it's still under warranty so it was a quick replacement at the local dealership.

·
Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT
632 Posts
2017 Touring XT here. Condensor was replaced under warranty at 34,000 miles. Dodged a bullet this close to the warranty expiration.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,873 Posts
My wife's '17 Forester blew out its condenser on a hot day in July, around 31k miles. The dealer was able to get it fixed in one day but we had to wait for 3 or so days to get it in for an appointment. I thought it was a fluke but it's not. Good to have a new one in the car; I feel better having had it replaced than I would owning a '17 Foz with the original condenser.

George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts