Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0XT Limit
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this issue since I took delivery of the car in 2017. My 2.0XT Fujitsu Ten head unit will suddenly lock up, sometimes with a random screen change and can only be "unlocked' by stopping the car, switching off and restarting. The dealer has changed the head unit and has finally installed the latest firmware but it still has this apparently random issue.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it unique to my car? If it's unique I am wondering if the dealer disturbed something when they installed the long range remote start prior to delivery but otherwise I am at a loss and the dealer seems not of much use.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester XT Touring
119 Posts
Yep! We took our 2018 Forester XT on a 2400 mile trip and had to pull over to reboot the "infotainment system" 4 times during the trip due to it locking up. The nav app on the head unit would freeze up and not respond, wouldn't read out directions, and caused us to miss some exits on the highway. I could switch to the audio screen/app, but not GPS. Very annoying and having to mess with it while trying to drive is a distraction/safety issue.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0XT Limit
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! We took our 2018 Forester XT on a 2400 mile trip and had to pull over to reboot the "infotainment system" 4 times during the trip due to it locking up. The nav app on the head unit would freeze up and not respond, wouldn't read out directions, and caused us to miss some exits on the highway. I could switch to the audio screen/app, but not GPS. Very annoying and having to mess with it while trying to drive is a distraction/safety issue.
Was your dealer able to provide any remedy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts