I remember paying that much for the big service (timing belts, etc). Paying this money for a classic oil change and some filter renewals is hilarious.Major Service I (every 30 and 90 months)
30,000 / 90,000
Most Models: $649.95
6 Cylinder Models: $825.95
Turbo Models (before 2010): $789.95
Synthetic Oil Models: $799.95
We will perform the following services:
Prices may vary depending on model year and equipment.
- Replace engine oil per specifications for your model
- Replace filter with Genuine Subaru oil filter
- Check and top off all fluids
- Rotate tires and set tire pressures
- Replace cabin air filter
- Replace Spark Plugs (if applicable)
- Replace Air Filter
- Inspect Brake Pads and entire Braking system
- Replace Brake Fluid
- Check Axle Boots and Shafts (front & rear)
- Check operation of clutch system (if applicable)
- Inspect Steering and Suspension systems
- Inspect Cooling system/Replace Engine Coolant as needed
- Inspect Camshaft Drive Belt (if applicable)
- Inspect Wiper Blade condition
- Inspect Fuel lines and system operation
- Inspect and Top Off Differential (front & rear)
- Inspect and Top Off Transmission Fluid
- Complete multi-point inspections
- Inspect OBD system for any fault codes
- Replace side or marker bulbs as needed
- Complimentary Vehicle Hand-Wash
STI prices higher.
Thanks I checked manual and only need a handful of items performed for the 30k service, I’ll buy the filters and replace them myself. They charge $89.95 to replace a $15 filter.I remember paying that much for the big service (timing belts, etc). Paying this money for a classic oil change and some filter renewals is hilarious.
Me personally, I would do nothing since your vehicle is still brand spanking new. If you're at all worried maybe have the brake fluid flushed/changed since it can absorb moisture. My pickup truck gets new brake fluid every 10 years and an oil change every 5 since it's always in the garage and we almost never drive it. It's 21 years old and still runs and drives like new.Some good info in this thread. Here's my question: I'm at 30 months but only have 5600 miles (and 1600 of those recently for a couple of road trips). I've done 2 oil changes and little or nothing else. What would posters recommend in my situation?
Much better, I'd pay to do this, just be sure to also change front and rear differential fluids....only need a handful of items performed for the 30k service, I’ll buy the filters and replace them myself. They charge $89.95 to replace a $15 filter.
1. Replace engine oil
2. Replace engine oil filter
3. Tire rotation
4. Replace brake fluid
I was quoted a total of $309 before tax without any coupons. Then I’ll buy the two filters and save another ~$200 and also have a coupon for a free complimentary inspection and some $ off the oil change.
That's absurd half that stuff is not even done ,plugs ,no CVT ,no, gear oil no you cant inspect the timing belt ,and the last for 100kIs this standard? "Major service" 30k/60k/90k service each time it is $695?
Should I take my vehicle elsewhere this seems excessive?