Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped out the 16mm rear bar for 20mm Subaru bar on my 2017 FXT. About a 45 minute job. It's a completely different car. Flat, fun in corners. Not a track mobile, but a big big handling improvement. Can't say enough good things about this inexpensive and easy mod. When this blows over, moving on to AVO intercooler, AEM intake, and COBB tune. Time to open it up.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Patience and kindness now more than ever.

·
Registered
2018 Premium 2.5i 6M
205 Posts
Nice! Been debating between this and the 19mm. I drive a good number of US Forest Service roads in the dry season and have been leaning toward the 19. Any thoughts from you and/or others would be appreciated :)

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,216 Posts
I should know this but what size bar do you guys have in front? I generally suggest 2 mm smaller on the rear. But a lot of OB guys are happy running 21-20 combos.

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
657 Posts
Nice! Been debating between this and the 19mm. I drive a good number of US Forest Service roads in the dry season and have been leaning toward the 19. Any thoughts from you and/or others would be appreciated :)
Hi SoobADoob,

We installed the 19 mm RASB and it improved things on the highway and Forest Service roads. On mountain highways it added stability in high speed curves and on Forest Service roads gave up very little in rear traction and comfort while reducing understeer on loose surfaces. Even my wife commented how much better the car handled on 101 between Eureka, CA and Brookings, OR, and she is not an enthusiastic driver. I recommend the 19 mm. Subtle but effective.

GD

·
Registered
2018 Forester
217 Posts
I guess I'm old enough I don't worry about depending on antisway bars for cornering. In fact I disconnected the links on the rear one so we don't get the sideways whiplash so bad when crossing slight dips and waterbars at an angle.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,305 Posts
This is one of the first things I did to my 15 when I bought it. Much better handling and I love the reduced sway when on the highway entrance/exit ramps.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I just put a 19mm on my 17FXT last week. Unfortunately I haven't been out driving too much with everything going on and me being able to work from home. However, I did get it out a few times on some curvy, hilly roads, and it was a very noticeable difference. Very solid at 70mph on fairly curvy freeway roads and felt like I was on training wheels.

That said, in more city driving, I almost want a bit more. When you factor in that the 20mm is actually cheaper, I kind of feel like I had gone for it. But in the end I'm not a track driver, I just want a fun car for daily use and the 19mm is freaking solid for under $100. No complaints with my choice really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts