Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I searched the forum and found one thread related to this topic. But the answers were all over the place. Hoping someone can give me a definitive on this.

I was out on a backcountry road, in the desert, far from anything and got a flat. My donut got me home. But I was pushing up against the suggested 70 mile max on the donut. No less, the first 8 miles were on a hectic road.

Which inspired me to get a new full size rim/tire. I would get what is already on there: GEOLANDAR G91F - SIZE: P225/60R17.

This is a USA car. So, my question is whether this will this fit into the trunk where the spare is supposed to go? I am not concerned about all the foam and tools. I'll figure out how to get stuff in there. I am more concerned with whether it is too wide to fit in the given space. If I can fit it in there and then make adjustments to get the floor to sit flat, that's fine. But I would like to avoid raising the height of the floor. And I would like to avoid lowering pressure of the tire.

Thoughts, pictures, mods, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did do this search. But given that the spare well is different for each year, I have only seen one thread related to the 2017. And I couldn't get a conclusive answer based on that parameter.

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,110 Posts
It's different for each generation. So, for a 2017 MY vehicle, any threads referencing 2014-2018 MY vehicles would be applicable.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Manual
393 Posts
I can fit a fully inflated G91F 225/60-17 in my spare tire well. My car is a 2018. I did have to take out some extra foam cladding, but it didn't affect the floor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts