Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring w/EyeSight
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this code pop up on their SJ? My car has just about 42,000 miles on it. My dealer recently removed my engine and resealed the RH valve cover and cam carrier gaskets due to an oil leak. I put 200 miles on it or so and then took it back to the dealer because the leak seemed to be back (but there was just some residual oil stuck in the exhaust heat shield that was burning off). They had it for a week, I picked it up, stopped at the store, and started it back up and the dash lit up like a christmas tree. I plugged in my scanner and it was P0011. Maybe it's related to the work the dealer was doing on the valve cover/cam carrier?

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
No maybe about it

P0011 search on the web yields info on the VVT mechanism being too advanced(or maybe stuck)... may be a clog where it should not be.

Passages are small. Contamination could be an issue in your case due to sloppy work.
Definite redo and free loaner for their FUBAR.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you MFGA! I love your username, btw! I also did a bit of research and I found a TSB that indicates possible cam damage. D'oh! I sent a message to SOA asking them to reach out to the dealer to ensure this will be fixed and if they'd be so kind to extend my warranty because of this...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: an AVCS oil control valve had failed. Dealership is supposed to be replacing it and finishing the repair today

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an FYI

P0010 and P0011 is very common across many brands and the VVT selenoids are the typical fix.
It was also usually a death sentence on the older EJ255s which is what made me concerned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts