Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fozzy family!
I have a 2016 2.5i and I am looking to get some wheel spacers to get my tires to stick out more and I was wondering how much I can put on without having to change the lug nuts? Also I was wondering if anyone has had problems with wheel spacers on more of an off road set up?
Lastly, any recommendations on spring lift kits? I have been looking at Eibach pro lift springs that come with their shocks or should I stick with just the springs themselves and stay with stock shocks?
Thanks yall and stay safe and let me see your set up! Mine is below!

·
Super Moderator
1,868 Posts
Yes'm.

I was in the general parking area with my family.... Only there for a couple of hours... Lack of shade doesn't bode well with our genetic make up. ;)

C.

·
Super Moderator
1,868 Posts
IIRC, the Eibach pro-lift kit is springs only. Shocks not an option from them for us. +1.6/+1.0 overrall lift. Depending on mileage of your Forester, I would change out the shocks.

@RockAuto is having a deal with Bilsteins.... Unsure why their site only list RIGHT Fronts Only on their site... ?

I know many of those who avoid tarmac as much as possible have been very happy with King Springs. Opting for the 'Overload' version for the rears. While not any higher than stock, they're +/- 20% stiffer.

For mine, I went down, not up.... Bilstein B6's + Swift Springs. But if I were switching to do more fire roads, I would install Kings from a place that's not a vendor on here... :censored:

As for the spacing, what spec wheels do you have? Looks like 17x7.5".... 225/60 Toyos?
You could squeeze a 235/60 under there. Wider foot print, and possibly have some rubbing only at full lock...

Most people have been doing the ADF 2" lift kits for added height with spring/strut changes.

·
Super Moderator
1,868 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,868 Posts
That is a springs only product.

Same Part # for AE site, and Eibachs.... To be barer of bad news.

BUT, I would send an inquiry with AE asking about what is all in the lift kit they are selling...

Since verbiage does say shocks too.

Because that would be more than a killer deal for shocks and springs..... just saying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts