Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Base
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2016 base model with the standard cloth interior and manual adjust driver's seat and no heat to the seats. I want to upgrade to a better seat, preferably leather with power adjust. A few questions:

1) Will seats from other '14-18' Foresters fit the frame bolts (I assume so, but want to be sure)?
2) Will the multi-prong connector below my seat provide power for the power assist motors?
3) Is it possible to hook up the heating function and install a switch? Is it similar to adding foglights (i.e., the wiring is in place, but you have to add a switch and a relay to activate)?

Thanks in advance -- looking forward to a seating upgrade!

Regards,

Jeff in Boston

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
554 Posts
If you get your hands on a power Forester or WRX/STI seat you can use it. You will likely have to supply power for it. Can't speak to the heat function, imagine you could jimmy something up for that as well with 12v power and dedicated switch, but take note that the default seat heater cycles on/off and I'm not sure if that functionality is built into the seat or the dashboard. The more concerning issue would be the airbag wiring.

·
Registered
2018 6MT Base
4 Posts
I'm working on transferring a power seat base for a 2014 Forester to my 2018 Forester using the new cushions. I'll post some pics and summarize the job after I get it finished.

·
Registered
2016 Base
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get your hands on a power Forester or WRX/STI seat you can use it. You will likely have to supply power for it. Can't speak to the heat function, imagine you could jimmy something up for that as well with 12v power and dedicated switch, but take note that the default seat heater cycles on/off and I'm not sure if that functionality is built into the seat or the dashboard. The more concerning issue would be the airbag wiring.
Thanks, Aggie -- what about an Impreza or a CrossTrek seat? Would those work? Thanks for your input.

Jeff

·
Registered
2016 Base
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm working on transferring a power seat base for a 2014 Forester to my 2018 Forester using the new cushions. I'll post some pics and summarize the job after I get it finished.
Thanks, Robo -- I look forward to seeing your project. Please be sure to ping me when you post it.

Freekraz

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
554 Posts
No, Forester 2014-2018 match up only with WRX/STI 2015+. Try to look for an STI driver that does a lot of track days. They are more likely to have replaced the seat. Local FB groups are a great place to find **** like that, or a local pick 'n pull junk yard...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lack of a power passenger seat is one of the things that frustrated me when looking for a new vehicle. Many of the companies have cheeped out and only offer a power driver seat.
If you manage to do the mod, take lots of photos and post them so we can all learn from it and maybe install one in ours. My passenger seat has an electronic box under it, not sure what it's for, will have to get a light and see what it is.
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at the 2020 specs for the Canadian models and the premium, out top level lists "Seat (front): Passenger, 8-way power adjustable " You just need to cruise the wreckers to find one. Not sure if the previous years had front power seats or not. Maybe some of the owners of those years could let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts