Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to update the stock head unit with something better but then it occurred to me - is it possible to replace the MFD at the top of the dash with a head unit? Running navigation on the unit seems much better when placed up top as it reduces the distance eyes have to travel while driving. Has anyone tried that?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm looking to update the stock head unit with something better but then it occurred to me - is it possible to replace the MFD at the top of the dash with a head unit? Running navigation on the unit seems much better when placed up top as it reduces the distance eyes have to travel while driving. Has anyone tried that?
Wouldn't you miss all the info available in the MFD? I use it constantly. I replaced the head unit in my 2015 with a Sony that supports Android Auto, and what with all the voice prompting from Google Maps and the boldness of the directional graphic, I don't find it distracting at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I guess I would. I was also thinking about switching it to the place of the head unit but that might look weird.

with all the voice prompting from Google Maps and the boldness of the directional graphic, I don't find it distracting at all.
I don't find it distracting but I do find myself having to look at the map every now and then to confirm which turn to take, but that takes my eyes from the road. It's just that I personally would prefer the head unit display at the top where the MFD sits. But so far I wasn't able to find any resource that would even confirm whether it's possible/viable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
olafthelostviking
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing