Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
If one checks the fuse box diagram for late-model Foresters, the location of fuses that control power to the vehicle's Eyesight functions can easily be found. But has anyone on these forums tried it?

Essentially, I'm trying to determine if Subaru has programmed a "gotcha" into the vehicle - such as intermingling Eyesight with some vital function that would make pulling the plug unworkable.

Please, I don't want to hear from anyone asking me why I would want to do this or how much they love Eyesight in their car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,937 Posts
I love me eyesight and why would you do this??

J/K - But not really, but yea, kinda.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the airbag system is linked to eyesight as well as the various safety features that involve braking. If you disable it like that, and something happens? Forget about insurance coverage.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,640 Posts
Is that not going to trigger check engine light?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
849 Posts
Typically, safety systems are designed to default to “on” status each ignition “on” cycle. Unless there is a system “defeat” button, knob or switch, there usually isn’t any clean and simple way to disable a subsystem without some form of vehicle enhancement. That’s because safety systems are designed to be active all the time.

A good example of this is the “start/stop” system. There are aftermarket devices that install into the vehicle wiring that successfully disable this “feature“ that don’t have any unintended side effects.

The OP might get lucky and find pulling a fuse(s) may give him the desired solution, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

·
Registered
2016 Forester CVT
180 Posts
I assume the cruise control would not work with eyesight disabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts