Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone done an upgrade of a projector headlight?
I've checked my housing and I'm not so sure how can I access the bulbs or how can I do an upgrade for such headlights.
According to the manual, it is an H11.
If anyone have done it before, pls. do enlighten me on how to do it. :) :D
Forester SJ NA

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
32 Posts
There are higher output H11 lamps available that will have a shorter life. There is a way to modify a H9 lamp [ see this thread on NASIOC H11 to H9 conversion. DIY with temps - NASIOC] that has a higher output. There are new [expensive] LED replacements that mimic the halogen lamp optically from Diode Dynamics and others. Akll of these options only increase the amount of light in front of you. It still has the same pattern that Subaru designed.

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are higher output H11 lamps available that will have a shorter life. There is a way to modify a H9 lamp [ see this thread on NASIOC H11 to H9 conversion. DIY with temps - NASIOC] that has a higher output. There are new [expensive] LED replacements that mimic the halogen lamp optically from Diode Dynamics and others. Akll of these options only increase the amount of light in front of you. It still has the same pattern that Subaru designed.
actually i dont have a problem using H11 lamps if I can access the bulbs on this housing but i can't. i was informed on another forum that this is an LED and there's no way of upgrading it.
posting it here to check if someone have done it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If it's LED, which it looks to be, then there's no physical way to stick a H11 bulb inside. Nor would I do so even if it were possible. The LED headlamps should be far superior to any H11 headlamp on this car. If you feel that these LED headlamps are dim, then there's likely something wrong with the car.

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's LED, which it looks to be, then there's no physical way to stick a H11 bulb inside. Nor would I do so even if it were possible. The LED headlamps should be far superior to any H11 headlamp on this car. If you feel that these LED headlamps are dim, then there's likely something wrong with the car.
I'm guess im stuck with the stock LED headlight then :LOL:
Ill just upgrade my fog lights then. I'm guessing I can stick an LED there so it would produce a brighter light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts