Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on the sub here.. Its been awhile since I have posted on a forum like this.

So last night I packed my Forester full to the brim to move some stuff over to my new place. I had to make a quick stop at Target for a couple things before getting to the new place so I pull into my spot.

I come back out and start my car start pulling out of my spot but as soon as I try to turn the wheel the Power Steering error pops up on the dash and info screen. The light does not come on as soon as I start it but only when I attempt to turn the wheel.

I have been searching everywhere for a similar issue and only seem to find stuff on 2014 Foresters(not sure if it is the same setup). I suppose there is electric power steering in the 2016 Forester based off some articles I have read. And I do not have much knowledge on that kind of system.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Anyone experienced something similar and had a remedy for this issue?

TL;DR 2016 Forester.. Power Steering went out and error popped up... How to fix?

·
Registered
2016 XT CVT
7 Posts
This just happened to me today on my 2016 XT. The power steering light came then my steering wheel locked up when I tried to back out of driveway. I was unable to turn it. I was able to tow it to dealership before they closed. I was hoping to find some info on here so I have an idea of what to expect. Did you find out anything about your error?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts