Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. Noob here. I'm glad I've found this forum.

I'm buying my first ever Subaru this weekend. 2016 Forester XT in Dark Gray Metallic. I plan to plasti dip the chrome first, but then I want to add pinstripes to the front and rear bumpers. I was going to go with classic red, but I feel like I'd like to be a little bold, so I was considering orange or yellow. But, I'm really, really bad at color combinations and what does/doesn't work. What colors would work well with this paint color? I would assume almost anything since it's gray, but I'm dumb about these things.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,294 Posts
Unless you like the young vibe, I’d stay traditional as it will look better imo.

I’d go Lighter grey (subtle and blended) I’d also try white maybe.

Then again, I’m not about colors when pinstriping.

My grill and all chrome are p.dipped and I have a white pinstripe on back bumper.

All about your taste(s) though

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,306 Posts
Dark Grey is a great color as pretty much any color striping will look good on it.I like your ideas of a bold color that really stands out. I think orange would make it look similar to the newer sports and may just blend into the mix with them.

My personal choice would be red, green, teal or purple. I have seen a DGM Forester with a red and green pinstripe down the side and it really looked sharp. .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts