Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my brand new 2016 Forester 2.5i 6MT in June of 2016. It currently has 33,000 miles of the odometer. I recently noticed all 4 tires have much more wear on the outside than inside. I rotate my tire regularly at around 6000 miles interval. The car drives fine and tracks very nicely. I know Foresters are known to have alignments off from the factory. Because it drives so nicely I never really paid attention to the alignment. The inside tread is kind of buried inside the wheel well therefore it is not as obvious as the outside tread. I know I can "flipped" all four tires and am confident I can get another 33000 miles out of the remaining life of the tires. There is more than 50% tread depth. If the alignment is indeed slight out of whack, I would like to have the dealer correct it for free. Do you think they will do a free alignment even though I am 3 month out of the 36 month warranty period? Thanks for reading.

By the way i upgraded to the 20MM STi sway bar soon after getting the Forester. I love it.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
CALL SOA and ask, but my gut tells me no, as it is out or warranty and might just be considered as a maintenance issue.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah. I am not going that far for something that minor. Thanks for the suggestion though. I am going to talk to a friendly service writer/advisor to see what he can do for me. If nothing then I am going forward to "flip" the tires and utilize the inside tread of the tires until I get get ones. Then I will have the alignment check and corrected with the new 245/50/18 tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts