Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - new here. I have a 2016 Forester 2.5i base model with the naked roof. Looking to add a roof rack.

Anyone have experience with the SSD Performance side rails ?

I have the Thule 7501 AeroBlade Edge from my old Forester. Will these be compatible on the SSD rails?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 6MT
1 Posts
I have the SSD rails on my 2017 with homemade crossbars. I have also used some old Yakima crossbars that I had for a 99 forester that fit ok. No problems at all and I've had a lot on them (2 plastic kayaks and 2 bikes, cross country).

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you done the OEM install @aggie113? I found this thread that said it was a HUGE pain and you had to basically take the whole car apart.

From the manual, installing the side rails you have looks like a huge pain. You'd have to remove the headliner and there is a domino effect all the way down to the floor. So working down, you have pillar trim and airbags, seat belts, rear seat, all the plastic trim/panels and foam pads from the trunk area, etc. Impossible? No, but you are going to want to get the service manual. Or just get the fixed bars and be done with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked into the SSD option, ultimately had a shop install rails. Much cleaner than OEM and stronger than the SSD option. Had plans for a RTT but then I came to my senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
@EzMeT I believe Yakima or Thule makes them. The shop had them on hand. Can be cut to custom lengths. I’d wanted to attach a Baja Rack or FrontRunner rack directly to the roof, similar to a “Gutter” style attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts