Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone help me identify what color wire, in the door harnesses, powers the LED Approach Light?
  • I have existing OEM LED Approach Lights. These are built into the side view mirrors on a 2016 FXT.
  • I have removed the door card and back probed the 10-wire connector on the harness bundle going to the door mirror.
  • My back probing with a multi-meter did not give me a clue about which wire powers the LED Approach Light built into the top corner of the side view door mirror.
Please can anyone help me identify what color wire, in the door harnesses, powers the LED Approach Light?
  1. Is said wire in the 10-pin connector for the red-wrapped harness going to the door mirror?
  2. Is it 12 volts?
  3. Is it 22 AWG gage wire, or other?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5iPremium CVT
62 Posts
Hey don’t know if you figured it out yet but the info is below

mirror harness connector - positive is orange wire
Negative is blue wire

car harness connector (what mirror plugs into) - positive is blue with red strip
Negative is orange with green strip.

·
Registered
2016 XT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Negative is blue wire

car harness connector (what mirror plugs into) - positive is blue with red strip
THis is great news! I thought I had measured voltage every possible wire in the car's harness connector by back probing but apparently I must have not probed properly. Thanks. I will go & double check when it gets above freezing. I hope my 2016 FXT Premium wires are the same color as yours.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2016 XT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Negative is blue wire

AVEST & DEFROY wiring for their aftermarket puddle light is what I finally wired up thanks to Molsen's post. I coupled the SUbaru orange wire with the Avest/Defroy white wire. And I coupled the Subaru blue wire with the Avest/Defroy black wire. The aftermarket puddle light now comes on when I click the key fob. Sweet! I used Posi-Taps as recommended by DeFroy. Easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts