Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so I have a 2016 2.5i (NA) and I've confirmed fitment of the LP1 15x7 with LP Adventure over email, but I'm still a little concerned about that offset. I'm thinking of putting a 215-75-15 AT tire on there too. OEM wheel offset is +48 and from what I've found the acceptable range is down to about +36. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this wheel on their SJ? I believe the primary concern is wheel bearing wear at that low of offset, potentially fender clearance under load. But this all seems to be speculative, couldn't find any actual reports of premature wear.

What I'm ultimately after: I recently upgraded and lifted my suspension and started running a 225-65-17 tire. Good clearance everywhere except the front lower strut perches. I have maybe 6-7mm of space from the top of the tire to the bottom of the perch. This has lead to the perch getting scratched pretty badly when rocks, snow, mud get pulled around the wheel. Ultimately I need to move the wheel out maybe 10-12mm. I don't think wheel-spacers are the best/safest solution so I was going to tackle it by lowering offset. Thought about downsizing the rim to increase sidewall while I'm at it, but there don't seem to be a lot of 15" or 16" wheels out there other than ET15 or ET30 offsets. Open to any suggestions, maybe I'm missing something. One other solution that I've read about on ADF's site is a lower strut spacer, anyone ran those? I'd imagine I'd need to remove the strut top spacer, but this could be cheaper than new wheels or new wheels + tires.

· Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i
2 Posts
Hi all, so I have a 2016 2.5i (NA) and I've confirmed fitment of the LP1 15x7 with LP Adventure over email, but I'm still a little concerned about that offset.
How'd this wind up for you? I've been looking at the same thing -- have been wanting to run 15x7s on my 2017 2.5i and it does look like this would work, but I haven't seen many examples in photos. I've been considering pairing the LP1 15x7 with 225/70R15 Yokohama Geolander A/Ts, though the guy at the tire store almost convinced me to up to 235/70s. Would any thoughts/ideas!

· Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
44,111 Posts
@mckyjayfozzie welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Note that @SantaFeFoz last signed onto the forum 22 days ago. You could send the member a PM - Private Message... now called a "conversation" on this new site. The member is optioned to receive an e-mail notification, so you could receive a reply to your question.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts