Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i 6mt
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we purchased our 2016 Forester 2.5i a few months ago with around 54,000 miles soon after I changed the oil & filter & went with 5w30 oil synthetic now a couple months later it’s showing on the screen that shows mileage time etc that it’s due oil change, does anyone know if the obd readers at auto zone or some where will be able to reset the oil change or ?

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,124 Posts
So we purchased our 2016 Forester 2.5i a few months ago with around 54,000 miles soon after I changed the oil & filter & went with 5w30 oil synthetic now a couple months later it’s showing on the screen that shows mileage time etc that it’s due oil change, does anyone know if the obd readers at auto zone or some where will be able to reset the oil change or ?
You can reset these messages and their intervals using the multi-function display and its controls on the steering column. Mastering the many settings available here is important to your understanding of the vehicle, so I highly recommend you refer to the owner's manual and learn the procedure.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i 6mt
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can reset these messages and their intervals using the multi-function display and its controls on the steering column. Mastering the many settings available here is important to your understanding of the vehicle, so I highly recommend you refer to the owner's manual and learn the procedure.
thank you I will, hard finding time dealing with two parents with dementia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts