Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was actually planning a retrofit upgrade on my headlights but i was informed that my unit can't be upgraded by a local shop.

Now my headlights seems dull and I'm looking for an upgrade.

Currently looking at Philips H11 xtreme vision / diamond vision. There's no law/regulation in my country on how bright your headlight can be so I don't have problems with bright bulbs at all.
Some places here in my city tends to be very dark at night.

Also I'm coming across different LED kits but I've read somewhere that LED's tend to bleed out inside a projector casing, is it true? maybe some of you guys have an experience regarding it that you can share.

suggestions on what headlight to buy is very much appreciated.

Car is Forester 2016 non-turbo.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i
60 Posts
Led a lot of the brighter xenon/halogen bulbs dont last long. I love my DD sl1 headlights. They do get me highbeamed occasionally but usually while towing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Led a lot of the brighter xenon/halogen bulbs dont last long. I love my DD sl1 headlights. They do get me highbeamed occasionally but usually while towing.

been seeing those bulbs on a number of videos. unfortunately can't get my hands on those since im outside the US.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i
60 Posts
You could install a light bar or pods since you dont have regulations. I dont have other brand recommendations.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Currently looking at Philips H11 xtreme vision / diamond vision. There's no law/regulation in my country on how bright your headlight can be so I don't have problems with bright bulbs at all.
The Philips XtremeVision and DiamondVision bulbs are completely different bulbs.

The XtremeVision is designed to maximize light output.

The DiamondVision, which use blue-tinted bulb glass, is designed to make it look like you have HIDs/LEDs. The blue tint reduces light output. It's no different than driving around with blue tinted glasses at night, or a blue tinted windshield at night.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd find out why a retro fit can't be done. There's a big difference between we don't want to deal with Permaseal(Not sure if the Forest is) headlights and it can't be done period.
This spring I'm going to be doing our Impreza lights that are Permaseal. Plenty of videos on doing it.

I'll be getting this tool set to make it easier.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,696 Posts
suggestions on what headlight to buy is very much appreciated.
You may find the following thread of interest:

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You may find the following thread of interest:
Thanks for the link. So its looks like those philips are far better than leds when used in a projector type

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Philips XtremeVision and DiamondVision bulbs are completely different bulbs.

The XtremeVision is designed to maximize light output.

The DiamondVision, which use blue-tinted bulb glass, is designed to make it look like you have HIDs/LEDs. The blue tint reduces light output. It's no different than driving around with blue tinted glasses at night, or a blue tinted windshield at night.
I see. Thats what i thought so too with those blue tinted ones. So i'm assuming LED's are a no go?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,696 Posts
Thanks for the link. Is the vision plus and xtreme vision plus the same thing? I'm only seeing xtreme vision plus 130% in the local shops.
They are different. The Vision Plus is up to 60% more vision and the Extreme Vision is up to 100% more vision. Might be different in the Philippines.
Amazon links:
Vision Plus
Extreme Vision

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are different. The Vision Plus is up to 60% more vision and the Extreme Vision is up to 100% more vision. Might be different in the Philippines.
Amazon links:
Vision Plus
Extreme Vision
scratch the xtreme vision plus, i was reading poorly on my mobile. :D
actually I just found some online shops that carry the extreme vision 100% and it's cheaper than most of the led's as well
i'm thinking of going for it, since i can't retrofit.

·
Registered
2016 Base
31 Posts
I have a 2016. I upgraded my standard bulbs to LEDs from Diode Dynamics for about $150. Very easy to install, basically plug and play, no wiring or anything else.

I am very happy with the results. Much better light output and visibility! I would call the guys at Diode Dynamics and speak to them. They are super helpful. (This is not a paid endorsement and I have no connection with the company. I just like it when you can speak to a live person who is helpful.)

I also added LED fogs at the front -- a more involved project -- and that adds to the light considerably.

Jeff in Boston.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts