Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 Forester All weather package. The lights on the passanger door for the unlock/lock and window do not light up. The drivers door is the only one with lights. Is that the way Subaru intended it to be or is something not right?

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
145 Posts
Just got a 2016 Forester All weather package. The lights on the passanger door for the unlock/lock and window do not light up. The drivers door is the only one with lights. Is that the way Subaru intended it to be or is something not right?
I don't think that is right. Take it to dealer. When I press lock/unlock, the approach lighting on my mirrors (driver AND passenger side) light up.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,877 Posts
I don't think that is right. Take it to dealer. When I press lock/unlock, the approach lighting on my mirrors (driver AND passenger side) light up.
I think he is only referring to the arm rest/control switches. I can't offer an answer on the newer models and likely the model the OP has may not be equipped with the 'approach lighting'.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Touring 2.5 CVT
1,318 Posts
On my 2015, only the buttons on the driver's side have lights. I assume it's the same way with the 2016s. Sort of cheap of Subaru, it's that way nevertheless.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,859 Posts
The lights on the passanger door for the unlock/lock and window do not light up. The drivers door is the only one with lights. Is that the way Subaru intended it to be or is something not right?
That is how Subaru designed it. No window controls have lights except the driver's controls.

Also, if you hit the "window lock" button, it will turn off the lights for the 3 passenger window switches on the driver's controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts