Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The '16 Forester pricing has gone live!

Beginning Thursday, June 18th at 11:00 AM ET, Subaru will begin accepting sold orders for 2016 Forester.

Pricing and changes are as follows:

2.5i
Price bump of $200
Forester 2.5i (base) models add the following new features:
• The new SUBARU STARLINK™ 6.2” Multimedia Audio System, which features
o A high resolution 6.2” touch screen display;
o Smartphone integration with AHA, and Pandora® STARLINK Applications include iHeart®
Radio and Stitcher™;
o AM/FM Stereo HD Radio® with Single-Disc CD Player;
o Bluetooth® Hands-Free phone, text messaging and Audio Streaming Connectivity.
• A body-color roof mounted shark-fin antenna;
• One-Touch Lane Change Turn Signals;
• Silver accents to the center and side dash outlets;
• Improvements to the functionality of the steering wheel audio and Bluetooth switches.

2.5i Premium is up $700 for both MT and CVT
• New SUBARU STARLINK™ 7.0" MULTIMEDIA PLUS SYSTEM, which adds ,
o A larger 7.0” display with multi-touch capability;
o SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (subscription required after 4-month free trial period);
o Dual USB ports and auxiliary jack.

2.5i Limited & 2.0XT Premium both up $700
all the aforementioned updates plus new standard Welcome Lighting, which provides an additional
period of illumination from the headlights and taillights when approaching and leaving the vehicle.

2.5i Touring & 2.0XT Touring up $700
all the aforementioned updates plus PIN-Code Access to the Keyless Access with Push-Button Start feature. PinCode Access allows the locking and unlocking of the vehicle using a 5-digit security code via the rear gate lock button, when the vehicle’s remote transmitter is not available.

All 2016 Forester models equipped with optional EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology add new standard Steering Responsive Fog Lights (SRF) system, which monitors the vehicle’s speed and steering angle, illuminating the corresponding left or right fog light when cornering. This feature operates with the headlights on and the fog lights off.

All Navigation-equipped vehicles will now include the new Subaru Map Update Program, which will allow customers to download updated maps annually for FREE during the first three years of ownership. To further improve the Subaru navigation system, we are also extending the SiriusXM NavTraffic Information and Travel Link services for 3 years, independent of an active SiriusXM satellite radio subscription service.

Option Package combinations for 2016MY are the same as those that were available in 2015MY. The OP pricing will remain the same as ‘15MY with the exception of a $̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ $500 price decrease on packages that include the Navigation System.

______

Admin note: This thread was formed following a split from this thread after it went off topic. Please keep this thread on topic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( no Jasmine Green XT.
Nope...not for us.

I also managed to pull up the accessory packages and accessory list. Looks like no changes there...ie...no forester TS accessories listed so either it will be something they release later in the model year or maybe not at all for the '16s. :frown2:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nope...not for us.

I also managed to pull up the accessory packages and accessory list. Looks like no changes there...ie...no forester TS accessories listed so either it will be something they release later in the model year or maybe not at all for the '16s. :frown2:
Any word on which models get the new Starlink features? Automatic crash reporting, remote unlock, etc?

Thanks for posting all the new info! It's not even up on cars101 yet!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any word on which models get the new Starlink features? Automatic crash reporting, remote unlock, etc?

Thanks for posting all the new info! It's not even up on cars101 yet!
Everything gets the new telemetrics system with the exception of the base model (ie everything with the 7" screen) the base model will have the 6.2"

There are two packages which contain the following:

Starlink Safety Plus:
-SOS Emergency Assistance
-Enhanced Roadside Assistance
-Automatic Collision Notification
-Monthly Vehicle Health Report
-Diagnostic Alerts

Pricing:
1st year free
2 years of service - $99
3 years of service - $149

Starlink Safety Plus & Security Plus:
-All Safety Plus features
-Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service
-Vehicle Security Alarm Notifications
-Remote Lock/Unlock
-Remote Horn/Lights
-Remote Vehicle Locator

Pricing:
1 Year - $49
2 Years - $149
3 Years - $249

·
Registered
515 Posts
Everything gets the new telemetrics system with the exception of the base model (ie everything with the 7" screen) the base model will have the 6.2"

There are two packages which contain the following:

Starlink Safety Plus:
-SOS Emergency Assistance
-Enhanced Roadside Assistance
-Automatic Collision Notification
-Monthly Vehicle Health Report
-Diagnostic Alerts

Pricing:
1st year free
2 years of service - $99
3 years of service - $149

Starlink Safety Plus & Security Plus:
-All Safety Plus features
-Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service
-Vehicle Security Alarm Notifications
-Remote Lock/Unlock
-Remote Horn/Lights
-Remote Vehicle Locator

Pricing:
1 Year - $49
2 Years - $149
3 Years - $249
Damn, that pricing is a bargain. OnStar is $199/year. Once you factor in not needing AAA or CAA, the savings are even greater. CAA costs me $120/year now.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The '16 Forester pricing announcement has gone live!
Thanks J_STi63! I'm impressed you were able to get all of these details before the media announcement was released.

I've taken it upon myself to summarize the updates. Here's what I came up with....

• All-new Starlink infotainment 6.2" on base, 7" on all others
  • Shark fin antenna
  • Chrome surrounds around air vents
  • Updated steering wheel with additional controls for new Starlink system
  • One-touch lane change turn signals
  • Steering responsive fog lights with EyeSight
  • Free 3 years map updates with navigation
  • Free 3 years XM Nav Traffic and XM Travel Link, independent of XM radio subscription
  • Welcome lighting improvements for Limited and Touring and XT Premium
  • PIN-code access added for cars equipped with keyless start/stop
  • Starlink Safety Plus (like OnStar) added to models with 7" Starlink
While many are upset about what's NOT on this list, I have to say that's a pretty decent change log for a non-refresh year.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[*]Welcome lighting improvements for Limited and XT Premium
Much cleaner boiled down version...I like it...with one edit for ya :wink2:

The official press release usually comes within a couple hours of Subaru giving us an internal version of the press release....I have NOT been sitting here refreshing my screen all morning how dare you!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just re-read the post...no date for orders opening but they do say "Delivery will begin towards the end of July"

·
Registered
889 Posts
Agreed. While I would obviously have liked to see 3rd gen EyeSight, this is a solid update.
It's enough to reward those who wait, while not so much as to make those who bought 2015s regret it.

The new head unit doesn't infer new speakers; if the enhanced connectivity of the new HU isn't important to you, it's not that much of an upgrade, IMO. It won't sound any better.

And it's $700 I didn't have to spend, or could spend on a new HU (maybe with Android Auto or CarPlay) in the future.

At the same time, it's a really important enhancement for Subaru, which has a really bad rep in the infotainment department.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Am I the only person that didn't know Starlink was akin to OnStar? The only thing I liked about OnStar was the remote starting (although the remote unlock saved my hide once).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Am I the only person that didn't know Starlink was akin to OnStar? The only thing I liked about OnStar was the remote starting (although the remote unlock saved my hide once).
Well, it's actually more confusing than that....

"Starlink" itself is NOT akin to OnStar. Starlink is Subaru's brand name for their connected infotainment systems.

They have been using the Starlink name since the 2014 Foresters with navigation that have Aha connectivity.

With the new infotainment systems in the 2015 Outback/Legacy/Impreza, etc. and now the 2016 Forester, all of the infotainment systems -- including those without nav -- are Starlink branded, and include connectivity to Aha, Pandora, Stitcher, and more.

Now... All new for 2016 is an additional enhancement to the Starlink system called "Starlink Safety Plus" and "Starlink Safety Plus and Security Plus". These new functions (and the respective 2 new buttons on the overhead console) are what constitutes the OnStar comparison.

1 - 20 of 417 Posts
About this Discussion
416 Replies
65 Participants
HotShot308
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing