Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5L CVT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am VERY new to Subaru and actually don't know much about cars so any help would be appreciated. I have a 2016 used Forester 2.5i and it's been working great. Recently, I blew the fuse for my cigarette lighter but that's not the problem. I located the interior fuse box and figured out which fuse to change.

This is where my problem begins. Next to the tan fuse box, there was a black long rectangle piece with a few fuses of various amperage attached. There is no mention of this black rectangle in the manual or back of the door of the fuse box. Therefore, I thought these were spare fuses so I took one out that matched my blown fuse (10amp). However, the manual only refers to the spare fuses in the exterior fuse box cover so I got a little suspicious. I wanted to be sure about these "spare" fuses so I did some research and found out those are not spare fuses and actually related to other system(s) in the car! (I'm not sure which ones)

I tried to place the 10amp fuse in the black rectangle again but could not remember where it belonged! I tried 2 slots, it only fit into one slot, the other one would not take. So I placed in the last slot on the black rectangle and haven't started the car or did anything else because I am too scared that it might mess something up. I did take a picture of the fuse box so I have reference but for some reason the picture did not save!

Can someone please help me find out if the 10amp fuse belongs in the last slot on the black rectangle next to the tan colored interior fuse box?

Also, does anyone know what are the functions of the fuses in the black rectangle? Or if it matters that I took it out and placed it back? I mean to say does it reset or stop any function, potentially harming any system in the car?

Again, I don't know much about cars and appreciate any help. If some has 2.5i and can help or knows.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester 6MT
67 Posts
Attached is a photo of the same thing on a 2018 6MT Premium. I don't have any 10A fuses in there, just 15A and a 30A. I couldn't tell if it had wires coming out the back or not (my head can't turn the right way under the dash and I don't have a mirror handy).

On another note, since I was curious, I did a quick search and found this post - it shows that whole block and does have a 10A in the very bottom position.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,843 Posts
I have a 2014 Limited so my response may not be perfect but it may help. I looked at my fuse box and found the attachment you referring to and it is full of fuses. However, I did not feel any wires attached to the back of that section. So it may just well be that those are spare fuses.
15475803773721825207523_1547580441167.jpg
Two suggestions -

1 - call your local Subaru dealer and ask a service department person if that block is anything other than just spare fuses

Or

2 - start your car. Another thing to do would be to look at the open spaces and see if there are any metal connectors at the base of those open slots. Those metal connectors would then connect with the fuse if it is a live fuse space. If there are no little metal clips, then it would not really be a live fuse as there would be no electrical connection.

My opinion - and it is just that my opinion - is that this is a block of spare fuses and you will not have any problems using your vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts