Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What is the difference between the 20mm Cusco and 20mm STI RSB? Cusco is a lot more expensive. I cannot justify the cost. Thoughts?

2. Will the 22mm Cusco RSB fit the SJ? One site which sells it doesn’t list the SJ... BUT both 22mm and 20mm are cross-compatible with the same STI, so if 20 is good for SJ, don’t see any reason why 22 won’t fit. Please help. And has anybody tried the 26mm FSB/22mm RSB combination?

By the way, my base model SJ is still mod-virgin. I know that it’s probably advisable to start with springs. But I want to go against the norm and try this before lowering.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
274 Posts
I did the STI 20mm RSB about 3 months in to my purchase. I like it. It’s just slightly more “tail happy” and reduces understeer. The overall handeling impression is much more balanced now. It still pushes when cornering and while applying WOT. But that’s to be expected to some degree. Over all quite happy with nearly 20k on it now. Can’t speak to the Cusco one, but it is a nice blue... I actually thought about doing my rsb in cherry blossom red / hot pink but chickened out.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to know. Thanks guys. If ever I decide to use 20, I’ll stick with the oem part and be done with it. The difference in cost between the two brand’s 20s is just ridiculous if the effects are about the same.

But if I end up $pending that much, might as well go 22 with the 26, and upgraded links. I just need confirmation that the 22 cusco is compatible. The OC in me wants to use the same brand because I think they put enough R&D to ensure it performs well together.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but it is a nice blue... I actually thought about doing my rsb in cherry blossom red / hot pink but chickened out.

I actually want to paint it black. Blue is fine though, matches the body.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did the 20mm factory bar and definitely notice a difference. Now I'm not hitting corners hard just wanted the extra peace of mind of a thicker RSB. Definitely worth the money!!

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS 4-AT
86 Posts
Oem 20mm for cost. I couldn't justify those other prices either.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0XT
42 Posts
I just had the 20mm from Subaru installed a few days ago. Felt an immediate difference in stability. It’s a bargain in my opinion.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Blk Edition Lineartronic CVT with X-Mode
110 Posts
I too went with the 20mm STI RSB kit from the forum vendor @Subaruonlineparts.com and I've only had the Foz for almost 2 months. Coming from a 335i, I needed something to help with stability and the RSB definitely improved the feel of my Subie. I don't plan on ever going off-road with it, some that do recommend getting the 19mm RSB kit. Bang for buck, it was definitely worth it and very easy to install, made the install simpler with some Rhino ramps that I now even used to do my very 1st DIY oil and filter service.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh ok stock bar ON an sti, i happened to click 'does this item fit on my car' button and it said no to 18' forester xt touring??

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT Premium CVT
366 Posts
Oh ok stock bar ON an sti, i happened to click 'does this item fit on my car' button and it said no to 18' forester xt touring??
It is a direct fit. It will come with new bushings that will fit in your stock brackets. It's advisable to get aftermarket end links also, as these will be under much more "pressure" now from the stiffer bar.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester XT Touring
203 Posts
I just had the 20mm from Subaru installed a few days ago. Felt an immediate difference in stability. It’s a bargain in my opinion.
Would you mind sharing the cost of the install? I don’t have a garage and it’s getting cold in my neck of the woods. I called my local dealer and they wanted $185 just for labor!

·
Registered
2018 Touring CVT
173 Posts
I just got a 19mm installed by my dealer, $241 including the bar and bushings. And like everyone says we'll worth the price! This is how the car should have rolled if the line at the factory..... They would definitely sell more!

Ok the ride to work was fun!! corning is definitely improved and the body roll greatly reduced.... sure glad I didn't wait on this mod!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts