Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed a lowering spring on my SJ and i happen to see a cracked bushing on my suspension.
I was wondering what the part is called so i can order some parts. And also some recommendations for third party brand like hardraceor others if there is any.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Rubber Swaybar bushings are cheap ... ,or for a little more money you can replace with Energy Suspension poly bushings from your FLAPS. They last longer.

If you do the latter, get the full kit that includes the support strap and grease(zerk) fitting.

Make sure to measure the thickness of the bar when you are under the car. They come in different sizes- see which metric or standard open end wrench fits over the bar but has no slop.

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Makingforestergreatagain Someone have actually suggested that poly bushings to me. Having second thoughts because of the cost.
Does it make a big difference in terms of feel and longevity?
and also, do you happen to know which part is that in the picture?
many thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cost is about$25,, for polyurethane, with greaseable zerks,,,,last longer.

That big split line is just the parting line between the two halves of the SB bushinG on that side..
The poly SB bushings will include both sides as a set.
Thank you for this. I believe it has a crack on the upper part. Will need to check again and also check the right side bec this one is the left side.

Will brand matter for the poly bushing? Might be hard for me to look for one in my country. Im not currently located in the u.s

·
Registered
2016 Forester AT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not as much as size. Measure the O.D. of the bar.
just called my local subaru dealer and they sell OE bushings at a reasonable price (about $5 a pc). might resort to it first as I'm having a hard time finding a poly bushing in my area.
and price wise, I think it's good enough. thank you for the response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts