Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5 Limited CVT
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parking damage...some chimp gouged up my rear bumper and left the scene. I'm wondering where the best place would be to get a new color matching bumper cover. Given my deductible, I have no problem doing my own installation...
Ideas, anyone?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,500 Posts
The Subaru bumper covers come primed but in painted. You still need to have the bumper color matched. The bumper cover itself is not that expensive. Cheaper if your on the east coast. Shipping cost is prohibitive.

With paint, a new bumper cover runs about $1000 or more. The bumper requires special flex additive with the paint. You can buy the bumper for around $280 but you will need to find a good auto painter. Insurance??

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
918 Posts
I'm in the same dilemma and am checking with local wrecking yards for a bumper cover already painted in my Subaru's color.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,935 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XT touring VRP
22 Posts
Saw someone mention that the factory bumpers come primed, none of the Subaru oem bumpers come primed, they are all raw plastic I will say that compared to aftermarket bumpers, the Oem usually land very close in price and it’s usually worth it to just go oem, you’ll need to go to a body shop for paint and they should apply a high quality primer with adhesion promoter, color and clear coat . Also depending on your color you may have to get adjacent panels blended.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,500 Posts
Thanks, all
I finally ordered an OEM cover and had a local shop paint it. The results look great...no one would know that the original had been damaged.
How much did they charge for painting the bumper cover? Did you have to leave your car for paint matching?
I'm thinking of doing the same but would like to leave the bumper cover and not my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts