Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it only start, when i put the gear to drive, did not do it when start the engine, any idea ??

vehicle dynamic control, ABS, and incline start assist on solid while AT OIL TEMP is flashing once the gear is put on D

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT RIP/ 2016 Premium CVT
7 Posts
I believe this is the brake switch causing the issue, my 2016 forester is doing the same thing. There is a recall out on it, I’m taking it in this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem today on my 2010 Suburu Forester. I was able to resolve it by replacing the battery and alternator. I measured the voltage of the battery with the car off and it read 10 volts. I measured the voltage again when starting the car and it measured 10.5 volts. After replacing the battery and alternator (took me 30 minutes, it was a piece of cake) the car was back to life reading 14.26 volts when the car was on.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
258 Posts
2016, 77000 mi i thought i got the brake switch recall fixed or checked out at least
I had the very same. I had it replaced, but now find out it wasn’t the “new design” so get to do it over again...

I am discussing/negotiating with SOA about getting a reimbursement (I payed prior to the recall) AND getting the correct switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it only start, when i put the gear to drive, did not do it when start the engine, any idea ??

vehicle dynamic control, ABS, and incline start assist on solid while AT OIL TEMP is flashing once the gear is put on D
Had the same problem and it's on a 2016 Forester. Alternator went bad

Had the same problem on a 2016 Forester. Alternator went bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had it all day on sunday, off, then on again monday morning, then off for two days, just come back on again, and it was on during driving , is it still alternator ?? how do you check for bad alternator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts