Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2106 outback 2.0 diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i am the owner of a 2016 Subaru outback 2.0 turbo diesel and am inquiring if anyone has fitted a catch can to one of these engines and can explain how. pictures would be good.

Stockss:smile2:

·
Administrator
15,067 Posts
G'day & Welcome Mate!

I'll move you post to the technical section. Not sure about your engine but fitting a catch can is usually pretty easy. Just find the valve cover breather hose (which vents the crankcase and returns the air to the intake usually before the turbo) redirect that hose, or a replacement hose if not long enough, to a catch can and then the catch can outlet hose gets plugged back to the valve cover breather.

Here's an example from my Triton with a ProVent catch can:

The catch can is the black object just to the right of the radiator.

·
Registered
2106 outback 2.0 diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
the engine is a boxer diesel turbo and i not sure where the pcv valve is?:frown2:

·
Administrator
15,067 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6MT
850 Posts
Errr, no he won't! :icon_redface: I've not actually had a look for the PCV vent myself (and car not available to have a look) . A quick flit around with google didn't show much either.

R5oss may be the one to contact- see this post.

·
Registered
2106 outback 2.0 diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi ,
thanks for the reply, i have checked out google also all that i have found only show the petrol models

Stockss

·
Registered
2012 SH Manual Diesel
409 Posts
Provent 100 catch can (sold as FlashLube Catch Can Pro). Had to make an external reservoir for it, as the volume it holds, wasn’t enough for what it was collecting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts