Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2016 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get out of the car and press the lock button on my key, nothing happens. I then press the lock on my door and hear a beep. When I return to the car and press the unlock button, nothing happens. I use the key to open the door the oldfashiond way and the alarm goes off.

I quickly put the key in the ignition and the alarm goes off. I checked the battery on both of my keys and they are good. Is there something that needs to be reset on my alarm? I have not replaced the cars battery or anything else. The weather has gotten cold in my area but I've never had this problem before.

I don't wnat to take it to the dealer and pay a fortune for them to do something that I might be able to do on my own but...I can't seem to find anything in the owners manual. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this forum, so I hope someone can help.

Thanks.

· Registered
2017 Forester Premium 2.5i, 6-speed manual, moon-roof, fog lights, skid-plates, winch, 2nd bedroom
502 Posts
My 2017 will act the same way when the car battery is a little low. Sometimes when the car has trouble unlocking it will still start the engine, other times it won't spin the starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts