Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Automatic CVT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am newbie Forester owner.

I bought my pre-owned Forrester at a Honda dealership. After driving the new car four times, on the fifth, the car would not start after pressing the push button ignition. Had the car towed back to Honda and they sent it along to the Subaru dealership. The Subaru folks could not reproduce the problem but they cleared the error codes. The Subaru dealership returned the vehicle back to Honda. I picked up the vehicle from Honda and drove the car back home. The very next day I managed to reproduce my problem, and the vehicle would not start again. The dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree and all the warning lights are showing. Anyone else have this type of issue occurr in the past? Any ideas how to fix this?

Does anyone know of any good Subaru mechanics in the Edmonton area?

·
Registered
non-subaru
911 Posts
When you press the start button, does the car turn over but not start?
Or does absolutely nothing happen?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,734 Posts
@Alberta Hillbilly I'm not sure this matches your issue, but take a look at this thread & the links posted there:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Automatic CVT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. Thanks for the response.

Yes, car turns over but does not start. Brake lights turn on when brake pedal is depressed.

I’m still learning the Forester features. Was Civic owner for 17 years before buying 2015 Forester for AWD and space features.

I tried the fob against the push button trick. It worked yesterday at the Honda dealership, but would not work today at home.

I’ll read the thread mentioned by 2.5x_sleeper, to see if it’s related.

This issue has put a damper on my excitement to be a new Forester owner.

Thanks again for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts