Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Xt premium HTCVT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a forester xt a few months ago and loved it except for the seats. Not enough lateral support and the lower front seat cushion doesn't raise up enough in the front. It felt like I was sliding out of the seat with any turns or with braking.
I drove a 2015 wrx yesterday. Its too loud, small, and harsh, but the seats were fantastic.
I read a post in which someone put a few washers on the front bolts of the seat to raise the front. Has anyone else tried that? Would you be able to get wrx seats and have the power, heat, and most importantly airbags still work?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 Battle Wagon The Lazy One
1,358 Posts
I know people do the WRX interior swap all the time, and assuming the bolt holes and plugs are the same (or you would have to wire your own plugs in) than you should be good to go. Subaru is really good at making things interchangeable.

·
Registered
2015 Xt premium HTCVT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This sounds promising. I actually wouldn't mind if the wrx seats are a little lower, as my head was touching the headliner with the seat at its lowest level

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
I drove a forester xt a few months ago and loved it except for the seats. Not enough lateral support and the lower front seat cushion doesn't raise up enough in the front. It felt like I was sliding out of the seat with any turns or with braking.
I drove a 2015 wrx yesterday. Its too loud, small, and harsh, but the seats were fantastic.
I read a post in which someone put a few washers on the front bolts of the seat to raise the front. Has anyone else tried that? Would you be able to get wrx seats and have the power, heat, and most importantly airbags still work?
Thanks

Mark. I have thought about it too.

·
Registered
2014 forester XT touring CVT
1,670 Posts
The do fit and everything mounts up! But the wrx seat is a lot lower so it feels like your driving a low rider. I'm looking into seat risers to bring the wrx seat up

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
221 Posts
I want to see pics! Does the WRX seats have height adjustment?
Thanks for doing this.
I need to figure out how I can get my hands on WRX seats without paying an arm and leg.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts