Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
More info needed, please?? Year? Model?? Trim??? Is it a trim piece or a display that can change?? Are you in Peru as your location flag indicates?

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 CVT base model
321 Posts
The 19deg on the right display is outside temp so I'm guessing the 18.5 is the aircon selected temp. Turn off the aircon and it should go away.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,517 Posts
@subaruchick welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Please complete your "Public Profile"! Not completing your Public Profile could result in your thread(s) being closed... locked or your thread post(s) being deleted!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
873 Posts
18.5C and LO Fan speed for HVAC.
18.5 C for driver side, max cooling passenger side, fan speed is the "bar chart" along the bottom

If you turn one side up to max, instead of LO it says HI

If you have it set to not have separate temperatures for driver and passenger, one number goes away and it's just a single number

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
642 Posts
Note, you still haven't answered the question about the trim level of your Forester. But it's clear that your model is a fancy higher-priced one. This is an especially confusing question when international discussions happen, because the vocabulary used for trim level is not consistent between different countries Subarus are sold in. At a minimum, you can indicate whether your car has a lot of deluxe options, or not. Cheaper (and older) Foresters do not have "two-sided" HVAC systems, so you would never see two temperature settings at one time. Maybe someone more expert than I am, can indicate some method of consistently indicating trim levels world-wide? Is there something printed on the right-side car data plate (where the engine code etc. are engraved)??

·
Registered
642 Posts
and of course, it's totally our own fault, but hardly anyone in the USA can intuitively recognize and react to temperatures expressed in Celsius.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Note, you still haven't answered the question about the trim level of your Forester. . .
Nor has the OP confirmed her country as Peru (if so, it would be the first on our map!) in reply to my question yesterday, or advised that it's something different!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nor has the OP confirmed her country as Peru (if so, it would be the first on our map!) in reply to my question yesterday, or advised that it's something different!!
Sorry! Yep - in Peru. Thanks for all the info. I will play with the air conditioning and see what happens.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Sorry! Yep - in Peru. Thanks for all the info. I will play with the air conditioning and see what happens.
Are there many Subarus in Peru? I spent 10 days in Ecuador in 2016 and saw zero; nearly every newish car was a Suzuki.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a 2015 Subaru Forester. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.
View attachment 553536
It's a 2015 Subaru Forester. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.
View attachment 553536
The Subaru Forester has an Automatic temperature selection, and when you have it in "Auto", LO designates the lowest temperature where the air conditioner will give you the coldest setting in your cabin. 18.5 is the lowest temperature selection, which equals 63.5 in Fahrenheit, for those in the U.S. If you move the temperature up, the LO will go away and instead show the temperature, which would be above 18.5 Celsius. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Subaru Forester has an Automatic temperature selection, and when you have it in "Auto", LO designates the lowest temperature where the air conditioner will give you the coldest setting in your cabin. 18.5 is the lowest temperature selection, which equals 63.5 in Fahrenheit, for those in the U.S. If you move the temperature up, the LO will go away and instead show the temperature, which would be above 18.5 Celsius. :)
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts