Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 forester primum
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve driven my forester in all kinds situations the year I have had it. Highways, main roads, back roads, dirt roads, through fields, cow paths and mud holes. Rain, snow or shine. Have not taken her on an off-road trail yet though. There is a 4.5 mile moderate trail not too far from me and I can’t find anyone to go with me. They all laugh when I say I want to take my Subi on it. I get “it’s a glorified wagon man you will get stuck at the first mud hole” so i need someone with me so when I go all the way through it there is a witness that my glorified wagon can make it through where their jeeps spin on wet grass. They will see the power of the X drive and respect the Subi!!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
787 Posts
Sounds like fun, are there any Subaru groups in your area that might go along for group trip?

·
Registered
78 Posts
@RonGrace, make sure you lock your ratios/use manual mode when crawling. When you stall, stop and reassess as if you keep on stepping on the gas and the car is not moving, you will just use the torque converter and heat up your transmission fully.

Also, if you can find sand dunes, you will notice that it is easily Subaru's strength vs other consumer vehicles. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts