Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FXT Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Quick question, I'm preparing myself to do a coilover install on my 15 fxt. All the videos I've been watching on youtube (for fxt and wrx's) they don't torque down any of the bolts. Just hand tighten everything? I would think you'd want to torque down the two 19mm in the front or everything in the rear, but I might be wrong.

If you are suppose to torque things down, some specs would help a ton!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2001 Forester Automatic
48 Posts
Front calls for 15 ft/lbs up top and 114 ft/lbs for lower mounting
Rear 22 ft/lbs up top and 59 ft/lbs for bottom

Keep in mind these are for oe parts. Your coilovers may come with their own instructions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
16 Posts
Hi does anyone have the torque specs for the other bolts? I know the tophat bolts are 22 lb ft and the one that goes through the sway bar end links is 33 lb ft. What about the strut bolt and lateral link bolts? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2006 WRX wagon 2009 FXT
173 Posts
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure the three tophat nuts are just 14-15. You don't want to overtorque as they can snap very easily.

For the swaybar endlinks, if you hear clunks after installing new endlinks, I would try to tighten them to about 40 ft-lbs. This is especially true if using thicker swaybars.

As for the others, I recommend you just download the service manual. They have exploded views on the front pages of each section with the torque specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts