Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Subaru Forester. I've lost a few small items that have slipped out of my left pants pocket while sitting in the driver's seat, but they are nowhere to be found.

I've removed the floor mats and looked under the seat with a flashlight, but no luck.

The main items I'm looking for are two fisher space pens, since they're not exactly inexpensive items. I've lost both (at different times) inside the car while driving, and I'm certain I've heard each one hit the left plastic cover on the driver's seat, then possibly the floor. But when I was finally able to stop and look under the seat for them, they had completely disappeared. They didn't land inside the cup holder area on the door either. None of the seat motors or electronics are malfunctioning, and everything moves as expected when I adjust the chair with the seat controls.

I haven't heard anything moving, rattling, or rolling around anywhere after days and weeks of driving, so imagine they got lodged somewhere somehow.

Are there any hidden spots that anyone can think of where they might have ended up?

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
448 Posts
So you moved the driver seat forward and backward all the way to get better access underneath to the carpeting while shining a light there? There really aren't any gaps I can think of in the carpeting to lose something underneath that. I've done my time searching for stuff beneath the seats- never have lost anything, yet. :) You're more likely to get something caught up between the seat and center console in that narrow gap next to the seat track than the door side but look around the track(s) again a pen could maybe get wedged around them and not affect the movement . I can look again tomorrow if you don't find it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you moved the driver seat forward and backward all the way to get better access underneath to the carpeting while shining a light there? There really aren't any gaps I can think of in the carpeting to lose something underneath that. I've done my time searching for stuff beneath the seats- never have lost anything, yet. :) You're more likely to get something caught up between the seat and center console in that narrow gap next to the seat track than the door side but look around the track(s) again a pen could maybe get wedged around them and not affect the movement . I can look again tomorrow if you don't find it...
Nothing between the seat and console.

I took an extending magnet tool and ran it around the seat and floor, but didn't pick up anything.

May be wedged between the seat back and seat base...
I tried spreading the space where the seat and back met, but didn't see anything or pick up anything with the magnet.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
They are in space :) outer:alien: yur reach, where you cannot find them easily, so you will have to resort to inspection mirror and flashlight, and may need to unbolt the seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to avoid exploratory disassembly without having an idea of where to look.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,896 Posts
Do you share the car with a spouse or an alter-ego who has a big S on his shirt...;)
Perhaps they were already picked up?
Could the items have been on the door sill and fallen out when you opened the door?
Have you looked in the side door pocket?
Proximity activated trap doors are not an available option on the Forester.
Use a bright flashlight as MFGA suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts