Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XT touring VRP
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m kind of a newbie here (and to forums in general) so I hope I am posting properly, I recently installed the Subie speed harness for the on demand back up camera, it’s all wired as shown in their directions but when I hit the switch I only get my reverse lights to come on and my back up camera doesn’t, but if I put the car in reverse it functions like it is supposed to . I looked and Subie speeds web site and they have a note that it doesn’t work sort the 2015 wrx ( even though the harness says 2014-2018)... but nothing about 2015 forester... I did however notice that all the 2016 -2017 XT and wrx have the back up camera on the lower larger nav screen where on my 2015 it comes up on the smaller screen on the dash close to the windshield. I’m guessing that their write up is for cars that use the lower screen for the back up camera and that’s probably my problem, I’m a total dummy when it comes to wiring , however I did double check myself with this harness and everything is installed 100% , I’m thinking maybe I just change the location of the little fuse jumper that comes in the kit? If anyone has experienced this please give me your 2cents, thank you

·
Registered
2017 Forester (un)Limited
172 Posts
Wiring schematics could be different for the XT model. I had a 2015 XT when I lived in Colorado along with a WRX. I would recommend contacting Subispeed. They have a huge presence on Instagram too. Granted now I don't have the power I want but I do have the mileage and ride comfort to appreciate. haha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts