Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru reveals coupe-like 2015 Legacy Concept ahead of LA show - Autoblog

Subaru has pulled the covers off its 2015 Legacy Concept before the car's debut at the LA Auto Show next week. The sedan trades in its relatively staid styling for a more aggressive, coupe-like design that almost makes us forget about the rear doors from some angles. Overall, the Legacy looks beefier than your average Subaru, similar to the Ford Taurus.

The concept's character line stretches all the way back to a small trunk, which helps the car achieve its coupe-like appearance. But the front end makes the biggest impression, with "hawk-eye" headlamps and a gaping hexagonal grille with three horizontal slats. The taillights have a shape similar to the headlamps to "enhance the solidity of the overall design," Subaru says.

Custom paint called Ocean Silver Metallic adorns the concept, which sports 21-inch wheels under bulging wheel arches that Subaru says hints at the standard all-wheel-drive system (the BRZ is the only two-wheel-drive Subie).
Another STUNNING concept from Subaru. Hopefully this one shares a lot of styling cues with the production models down the road. It looks absolutely great.

·
Registered
801 Posts
What the Ford happened?
Looks like they've crossed a Taurus with an Accord...
Exactly what I thought. Front end looks like a Ford!

I liked the 08 versions of the Impreza / Legacies. Subaru had really elegant lines. I wish they didn't feel the need to have 'edges' everywhere.

Still ... they're successful! They know what they're doing :shrug:?

Just saw the rear end - looks really exciting although, I woulnd't want to get rear ended with that (even slightly). Don't look too cheap to fix / replace :)

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the lines, particularly the ones beginning under the front grille, continuing under the headlights, all the way down the side, and into the taillights, look great.

I think this concept shows a desire to diversify the brand some. This design has a much more upscale appearance... something Subaru does not currently offer.

Just like Hyundai Equus and the Kia Cadenza, Subaru has an opportunity to offer a more luxurious vehicle to go along with the more affordable offerings.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT SportShift
1,231 Posts
I think the '10-13 Legacy/Outback has that upscale look. Ours is often mistaken for an Audi...

[/SHAMELESS SELF PROMO]

On a serious note, I am not too excited by the concept. But maybe the actual production version will change my mind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, wonder how much of that will make it into production? Interior dosent really match what Subaru is doing right now, but the body cues fit the current styling trend

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Subaru is great at creating stunning concept cars. Unfortunately, by the time they hit production, it's all gone. Why build a concept to show off when all that will happen is disappointment when the real thing comes out? The WRX concept was fantastic. The production model looks at best, 20% of the concept. If Subaru would actually create a car that looked like this concept in production form, it would elevate the company from making semi-bland cars to something desired and in the ranks of Audi and Mercedes' production models.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Subaru is great at creating stunning concept cars. Unfortunately, by the time they hit production, it's all gone. Why build a concept to show off when all that will happen is disappointment when the real thing comes out? The WRX concept was fantastic. The production model looks at best, 20% of the concept.
^^^This^^^

Subie concepts are nothing but a tease.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts