Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Legacy
668 Posts
I cannot stand that "Scotty" YouTube type guy. I'd rather listen to nails being dragged on chalkboard.
Yeah, he does act like a constipated ferret on crack trying to explain how to fix cars. Hard to listen to.

I like Eric the car guy and Eric O from East main auto.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium
4 Posts
I have a 2016 Forester Premium and 2014 Outback Premium and the Subaru OEM wipers have been great and still going strong (Outback purchased August 2013 and Forester October 2015). I don’t mind spending a little more for this OEM hassle-free longevity. When I need replacements though, I will check to see if the OEM are the same quality as came with the cars.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
962 Posts
The Bosch blades have been outstanding on our 2015. For the record, they are the third set in 5.5 years, the first two being Subaru (replaced under warranty). These are by far the most effective and durable. For the record the sizes are ICON 17B and 26A. "B" provides the proper curvature for the passenger side.

With all that, I'm going to try a set of the Michelins from Costco next, because they are just so much cheaper. If they last half as long, they're still a better buy.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,584 Posts
I recently went to my Subaru dealer's parts counter to buy just the rubber inserts for the wipers on a 2010 Forester. I was told that Subaru no longer sells just the rubber inserts and that I would have to buy the whole wiper blade assembly. Is this true for recent model years too?

·
I turn wrenches
98 Posts
I recently went to my Subaru dealer's parts counter to buy just the rubber inserts for the wipers on a 2010 Forester. I was told that Subaru no longer sells just the rubber inserts and that I would have to buy the whole wiper blade assembly. Is this true for recent model years too?
Yup. I used to just buy a set of replacement inserts for my OEM blades as I liked the style. They stopped stocking insert replacements (which were more environmentally responsible) for some reason. They just sell replacement ones now - variety of brands.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts