Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the blades on my Forester. The OEM ones look a lot different than the ones that I can buy at the store. Does it matter? Which one do you all use?

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
247 Posts
My 2015 touring wiper blades were common. Even the Costco blades worked. They all come with adapters.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
692 Posts
OEM blades were great, but Subaru has gotten cheap and the replacement whole deal is junk, rubber is glued to the plastic part. I bought some genuine Subarus off Amazon and returned them because they are very low quality.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
23 Posts
I’m using the PIAA Aero Vogue silicon wipers. I find they last longer than stock and the water beading effect from using them is a plus. But they work best in heavier rains versus light drizzles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
358 Posts
I just stocked up with Costco blades 6$ each on sale.
Haven’t yet had to replace my OEM blades. I’ve used the Costco/Michelin or Goodyear blades on past Toyotas and its been a little hit or miss in regard to blade chatter. Sometimes they remain quiet, sometimes they chatter after a few months.

Have the Costco blades remained quiet on your forester throughout their life?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 CVT
11 Posts
I've had issues with consistent quality from Costco blades. 1 batch had no issues. The next were junk, causing blade chatter and streaking.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy
674 Posts
I like Rain-x but also periodically treat the windows with Rain-x water repellent.
Even during bad rain, I don't need to turn the wiper on the "continuous" setting. Intermittent works well enough.

I've tried blades specifically meant for winter driving (Bosch, I think they were) but didn't really feel a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think i have tried most thru the years and hands down the Bosch Icon are the best although they are pricey!

I need to replace the blades on my Forester. The OEM ones look a lot different than the ones that I can buy at the store. Does it matter? Which one do you all use?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Ltd 4 EAT
27 Posts
I think i have tried most thru the years and hands down the Bosch Icon are the best although they are pricey!
+1 on the Bosch Icon. I used to use Rain-X but the Bosch are the best I have found. Not too expensive if you get from Rockauto.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts